• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on how to recover monies owed by family member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how to recover monies owed by family member

Hi Everyone-i'm new to this forum and i'm really hoping someone might be able to help me!I will keep my query as brief as possible-I hav,over the last few months,loaned my sister £600.The agreement(unwritten unfortunately) was that following the sale of the flat she was living in with her partner(his flat,and they are unmarried) she would repay me in full immediately.I foolishly took her word as her bond.The flat was duly sold for£120,000-and my sister and partner(who I may add is fully aware of the debt) flew out to Malta-one way tickets with intentions of renting an apartment and living there permanently!I asked my sister about the money owing before she left-firstly the funds from the flat sale had not cleared before they left,then they could not find a secure telephone line to use their laptop to transfer funds into my account but they might be able to transfer small amounts ,,that Western Union would charge them 30Euros for every 100Euros,then it was they could try paying it into a PayPal account,of which I do not have, that there was only a Bank of Valetta and an HSBC Bank in the area they are staying in(they are in an Hotel in Bugibba until they find an apartment) and as neither of them hold accounts in these banks they cannot make transfers-basically excuse after excuse.Tonight,I contacted through a private message via a social networking site and asked her outright to stop making excuses etc and to just pay me back my money.The result?She has deleted her account-i now have no way of contacting her and I know they willl be moving from the hotel as soon as they have an apartment.She knows I can ill afford to be without this money-I am of very poor health ,am virtually housebound and very immobile, therefore I am unable to work and obviously have a very very limited income-ESA and DLA.I am at my wits end tonight-I am horrified and in complete shock that my sister could do this to me-I do not know which way to turn so I would be immensely grateful for any advice someone might be able to advise me-I do not know how small claims courts with or if indeed I would be able to pursue her in this way?Thank you so much for taking the time to read my query and I really do hope some of you lovely people may have some advice you can give me-thanking you in advance-Shuls xx
    Tags: None

Re: Advice on how to recover monies owed by family member

Easiest to refer you here I think:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-Overseas-Debt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X