• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension Credit and backdated NHS funding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension Credit and backdated NHS funding

My mum had to claim pension credit to suppliment her care home fees. I have been pursuing a claim for backdated NHS funding ever since she died (Sept 13) and it looks like it may be granted quite shortly. If that happens, do I have to notify the correct dept and will the Pension Credit a) have to be repaid immeditely b) won't have to be repaid or c) only has to be repaid if the relevant dept asks for it. Many Thanks:wub: Bamico
    Tags: None

Re: Pension Credit and backdated NHS funding

Hi and Welcome
    I believe that if the care home funding is paid by NHS "continuing care" funding PC is unaffected if it is for less than 12 months.
    If it is for over 12 months the housing costs element is then removed.
    Your local branch of Ageconcern should be able to advise more acccurately.

Comment

Hi and welcome Bamico I can not answer your question I am sorry to say but I think if you ring the PC dept they will tell you, I think forarmed is the best way with any DWP dealings.
      I must congratulate you on your claim and what looks like a successful one re Care Home fees and NHS funding, This is something very dear to my heart, I can imagine you are still very emotional about the situation but if you can offer any advice on this subject either now or in the future I for one would be very grateful.
      Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Hi and welcome Bamico I can not answer your question I am sorry to say but I think if you ring the PC dept they will tell you, I think forarmed is the best way with any DWP dealings.
        I must congratulate you on your claim and what looks like a successful one re Care Home fees and NHS funding, This is something very dear to my heart, I can imagine you are still very emotional about the situation but if you can offer any advice on this subject either now or in the future I for one would be very grateful.
        Enaid x
        Thanks so much for your message of support. You obviously understand the wealth of emotions behind the few words I wrote! I will definitely post any info I get on the subject. By the way you said 'ring the PC dept' sorry for my ignorance but who are the PC?
        Bamico

Comment

Sorry Pension Credit https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

If you do not wish to speak to these people till you have a positive answer, your local Welfare Rights will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Hi and Welcome
            I believe that if the care home funding is paid by NHS "continuing care" funding PC is unaffected if it is for less than 12 months.
            If it is for over 12 months the housing costs element is then removed.
            Your local branch of Ageconcern should be able to advise more acccurately.
            Thanks. That was most helpful. Bamico

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              Sorry Pension Credit https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

If you do not wish to speak to these people till you have a positive answer, your local Welfare Rights will help you.
              Hi.
              Thanks for that. I realised after I sent my post. I hadn't thought of it originally as I don't want to contact them as you quite rightly thought.
              Bamico

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X