• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

O2 Late payment recorded on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 Late payment recorded on credit file

HI Everyone,

I had an O2 mobile account back in 2010 for a year. I have kept up with all payments until the last month when I have to travel abroad. On my return I found out that O2 has been over charging me for call charges abroad. I disputed the amount to start with but did pay up at the end. I have just checked and they have recorded 5 months late payments on my credit file in Nov 2011.
    Is there any way I can start the dispute again and ask O2 to correct this information as the amount was in dispute and the reason for late payment was to resolve the issue first before I pay the last bill.

I will really appreciate any help please.

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: O2 Late payment recorded on credit file

Nothing to stop you complaining to O2 again, but as far as O2 are concerned I imagine they would consider that if the charges were correct then so would the payment history. Especially since you failed to follow through with your dispute at the time.

It is also possible that you are now out of time to take the matter to somewhere like the communications ombudsman, as their rules require that you take the dispute to them within 6 months of any deadlock letter from the provider or within 9 months of you first complaining to the provider.

May be worth adding a notice of correction of your credit files if the CRAs will accept one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X