• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension Problem with L&G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension Problem with L&G

Hello
    I claimed mi avc,s through Legal & General in 2010 and agreed that i would draw mi retirement pension in 2012 when i retired.
    In 2012 when i retired legal and general offerd me a pension , I opted to try open market option. With the view of getting a better annuity, this is when it all went terribly wrong.
    Legal and Genera said that i could not move my pension as i had drawn my avc,s in 2010 and they said that it was clased as an unauthorized payment.
    Legal and General threatetnd me with 40% tax that i should have declared to HMRC .
    On contacting HMRC they said that Legal and General was responsible for the 40% tax not me, Legal and General agreed to pay if i took my pension on my retirement date Nov 2012.
    Legal and general still have not paid the 40% and whe have take this to the Pension Obmadsman.
    After along and tiresome depressing time i find that it would better to try and find outside help.
    If at all possible help.

Manuel

Re: Pension Problem with L&G

Originally posted by Manuel View Post
    Hello
    I claimed mi avc,s through Legal & General in 2010 and agreed that i would draw mi retirement pension in 2012 when i retired.
    In 2012 when i retired legal and general offerd me a pension , I opted to try open market option. With the view of getting a better annuity, this is when it all went terribly wrong.
    Legal and Genera said that i could not move my pension as i had drawn my avc,s in 2010 and they said that it was clased as an unauthorized payment.
    Legal and General threatetnd me with 40% tax that i should have declared to HMRC .
    On contacting HMRC they said that Legal and General was responsible for the 40% tax not me, Legal and General agreed to pay if i took my pension on my retirement date Nov 2012.
    Legal and general still have not paid the 40% and whe have take this to the Pension Obmadsman.
    After along and tiresome depressing time i find that it would better to try and find outside help.
    If at all possible help.

Manuel
    Hi Manuel

Difficult to say definitely, but this may well be an unauthorized payment - and it may come down to whether you were duly alerted to this at the right point. I would suggest that you have a talk to TPAS - The Pensions Advisory Service. It is a government funded, not for profit service and they will be able to discuss your situation free on the phone.

Best of luck

Comment

Hi Charlie :thumb:

Very nice to see you!

Comment

Manuel to LB!

You have come to the right place

Comment

Hi FM - how are you doing? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie505 View Post
            Hi FM - how are you doing? :-)
            Mustn't grumble x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X