• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!

hi everyone, i'm a total newby to this sort of thing and don't know if this is the right place to post this. I have a problem concerning an uncooperative co executor of my mothers estate who is refusing to sign off the statement of account, so nothing can be paid out. the solicitor has several times sent out reminders but no response. we are dealing with Scottish law. Am i in the right place here?
    Tags: None

Re: help!

I have to say my knowledge of scottish law is not great but hopefully someone with knowledge can help...
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you, I know, it seems to be arcane wisdom! But thanks for the encouragement. I noticed your quote, there, and can't help feeling a little heart tug, as it is my sister with whom I am having problems, and this is only the latest in a long list of things she has done to shut me out. It deeply upsets me because I love her dearly, and with Mum now gone, surely we need each other more than ever? I'm bewildered as to the reasons for it all, but need to sort out the practicalities, as there are many agencies who need to be paid, sale of house, funeral costs etc. I've spoken to 2 Edinburgh and 3 Inverness solicitors and seem to be getting conflicting advice. some have said that my only recourse is to apply to the courts to have her removed from the executry, but another says that that is not possible, no one can force a n executor to stand down .... I can't really do a thing until i know exactly where i stand, but all agree that she is able to delay for ever unless some kind of court action is taken against her. I sincerely hope that some one can here can help me.

Comment

Hiya

Nothing brings out the worst in people than Death/Wills/Money/Greed.
        Please accept my condolences on the loss of your Mum..it's never easy and always made worse by wrangling over estates.
        I do believe we have a solicitor from Bonny Scotland on LB..I'll ask Cel/Ame to pop on here when they can to see what they can do as I'm off on hoiday today.
        Please hang on though as it's the weekend and things tend to quieten down a bit.

Comment

Hi, although I am a Scottish Solicitor, I don't have expertise in this area. I do know, and could recommend highly, a private client solicitor who could answer these queries comprehensively. Send me a private message if you would like her details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X