• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

After going through what can only be described as a very unpleasant few years in regards to my sons working conditions, which ended up at the ET I find myself here. My sons case was won against Tesco on 3 out of 4 claims (although there were quite a few issues within those headings). He took his employers to court and we received the judgement on the 18th December. We thought it was all over, but someone said last night (on line) that it was far from over. Does anyone know what this means, as I thought once the judgement was handed down that was the end of the matter? After being on cloud 9 for a couple of days, I now feel as though maybe taking our sons judgement as a success, was slightly premature. If anyone can shed any light on what is likely to happen next could you please let me know, as I really can't take the thought of anymore unpleasant surprises.
    The following link contains more details of the case, there are 130 pages and I have only done 29, so this is a work in progress. We do intend to document the remedies there also (when they are received). https://www.facebook.com/tescoetsuccess.judgement.5
    Thank you very much for any replies I may receive.
    Last edited by Loggerheads!; 24th December 2013, 08:37:AM. Reason: When reading the page start from the bottom up as I am adding to it daily
    Tags: None

Re: Hello

What reasons did this person give?

Do you know them personally or is it some person on facebook?(not a fan at all of posting that stuff on there btw but only a personal opinion on that bit).
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hello Lecclerc, yes it was someone from online, but not on facebook. The only reason I have posted it is because I really am hoping that it will give other people the courage to stand up against others, no matter how many you are up against. That truely is my sole purpose. However I do understand what you're saying, I am usually of the same opinion.

Comment

Oops in answer to your question, I wasn't given a reason, just told that it wasn't over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Loggerheads! View Post
          Oops in answer to your question, I wasn't given a reason, just told that it wasn't over yet.
          Have a look at the following link which states the timescale that they have for appealing the decision if they decide to do that: http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/...ppeals/appeals

Once that timescale has elapsed or that they have paid on based on the decision of the ET then it is done and dusted.

Comment

Well we have already responded to the ET in relation to the respondents wanting to meet with us to discuss remedies. Taking everything on board we declined their offer and have chosen to take it to a remedy hearing. We are now waiting to be given a date. I thought that once the respondents had indicated they wanted to meet to discuss settlement that that would mean they weren't going to appeal against it, or am I wrong on that point?

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

that does sound pretty positive to be honest so I would wait for the remedy hearing and then hopefully that will lead to a settlement of the whole case. That does sound positive for you.

Comment

Thank you Leclerc, I was so worried this was going to continue. This may seem like a stupid question, but apart from the policies our son would like to see enforced and the type of behaviour my son expects in the working environment, we don't know how we go about discussing the subject of monetary compensation, SOL and anything else that compensation is based on and how to work it out. Are there any suggestions or references you could direct me to in order to assist me.

Once again thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X