• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trees in neighbours garden affecting my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trees in neighbours garden affecting my property

My mistake lol, will teach me not to read properly
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      No, it doesn't, but the safe distance between the trunk and any building is said to be six metres.

Six metres is 19.5 feet.

How many holly trees spread to a diameter of 39 feet?
      I guess the 6 metres is to allow for maximum possible spread?

Comment

Coppice?

I'm no Alan Titchmarsh but I do have to control a thirsty willow tree near a property which according to my tree surgeon drinks 50,000 litres of water a year :eek2: I'm in a Conservation Area (are you?) so I have deal with my local council's Tree Officer who is surprisingly informative and helpful. If your property is built on clay this can exacerbate things too.

Comment

Rather precise amount do they measure the flow of water into the tree?

Comment

Perhaps they used an enormous Ganong Potometer? (link)

Comment

The diagram shows the tree in a test tube like container must have been a big one and how did the tree get lifted into it????????????

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                Rather precise amount do they measure the flow of water into the tree?
                Knowing my local council they probably check my wheelie bin for the empty Perrier water bottles consumed by my tree

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Knowing my local council they probably check my wheelie bin for the empty Perrier water bottles consumed by my tree
                  Very strange that someone can own a tree ...but of course it is so. x

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    The diagram shows the tree in a test tube like container must have been a big one and how did the tree get lifted into it?
                    A more practical method would be to measure the transpirational loss from a small shoot with one leaf, then multiply the result by the number of leaves on a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      A more practical method would be to measure the transpirational loss from a small shoot with one leaf, then multiply the result by the number of leaves on a tree.

........ or just Google it, especially as a mature tree can transpire around 50 gallons a day during Spring and Summer

Comment

Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies glow........................& now it transpires that trees transpire?

Fir enough, I'll bough to your knowledge, folks.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Counting sheep to send you to sleep?
                          Xounting leaces to send you mad?
                          I don't need to count im just mad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X