• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone !

Would like to say hi,originally went on net to pay a parking eye charge and came across Legal Beagles,i didn't pay the charge and today i have received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd please help!
    Tags: None

Re: Hi Everyone !

What does the letter state?

Comment

letter states that their client has instructed them to recover the money from me,and to avoid escalation i must pay within 14 days.Section 4 of schedule 4 of the protection of freedom act 2012 refers to 'The recovery of unpaid parking charges.'They are members of BPA and act on behalf of parking companies who manage private land.If i don't pay in full or contact them regarding payment the matter will be passed to the landowners solicitor to commence county court proceedings.

Comment

And section 2 (3) of that stupid Act requires that adequate notices be posted on the land.

Were the notices adequate? Have you taken any photos?

This may not be important, as they might decide not to sue, but it would be wise to have photographic evidence should the land owner be minded to go to court.

Comment

There was adequate notices(didn't notice till i went back and had a look).I overstayed parking but was in the store next door,didn't think i about moving my car 1 yard to other car park. Doesn't state that car parks are owned by different companies. Am i liable ?

Comment

I received "same" letter myself on Monday - but letter states "matter MAY be passed to landholder's solicitor". The offending car park in my case has been "free" for some 15 years - at least until last Ocober last year it would seem - they are now mooting that 3 hours are free then £85.00 for any time over that! I might also add that I shopped for all of the 4 hours I was there and have timed store receipts to prove it. Not gone back since so stores have lost my business. Anyway I did go back and take photos of "clearly marked parking signs" - none remotely visible in both areas of retail car park where I "physically" parked my car - I had to walk to and stand under each sign on tip toe to take pics! I might add I am furious to get these threatening/harassing/bullying letters - and have no intention of "dealing" with these scheisters! Thanks to this website which has put my mind at rest. Hang on in there and don't get bullied!

Comment

Originally posted by judge22 View Post
              There was adequate notices(didn't notice till i went back and had a look).
              If you did not see the notices until you returned to look for them, I would say that the signs were not "adequate" - they might have been placed there afterwards or may have been so small as not to be obvious.

Am i liable ?
              Have the parking parasites bothered to explain who owns the land on which you had parked your motor car?

Comment

Thanks for that it sounds exactly like my experience.

Comment

There are three stores,I was parked next to second store,but apparently the car park belongs to the first store.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X