• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Found this forum while searching for a scam from Facebook. Thanks to everyone who already posted on the subject - it helps to know you are not alone.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone

What sort of scam is that? Would be useful If you could share with the rest of us so we know. I once fell for a mobile phone scam after seeing an ad on Facebook for a free IQ test, I was waiting for something to download so I did the online test because my friends and I had just been talking about IQs, I didn't see anything suspicious because I didn't have to provide any details, only when I finished the test it said the results would be sent by txt to my phone, so I had to enter my mobile number.

I started getting silly texts almost every week, which I just ignored, I wasn't t getting paper bills so by the time I saw the bills (paid by DD), they had charged me over £90 for receiving unsolicited texts, they argued I'd signed up for the service online and agreed to pay £9/week!

Comment

Originally posted by dragonbrood View Post
      Found this forum while searching for a scam from Facebook. Thanks to everyone who already posted on the subject - it helps to know you are not alone.
      Drat! Our Facebook FIBOR rigging scam has been rumbled........
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I seen a Facebook ad a couple of years back where someone was advertising hospitality packages for a Celtic v Rangers match, claiming to work for Rangers, taking £50 deposits by Paypal. For a plethora of obvious reasons I knew right away this was a scam. A really easy Google search showed up that the guy was not only stupid enough to use his real Facebook account, but he had served two jail terms in recent years for online fraud totaling five figure sums, one in the north of England and the other term served in Scotland. I just couldn't get my head around why he was using his real name and expecting to get away with it. He was also importing cheap e-tablets from eastern Europe and selling them on the same adverts, from his home address, so when I blew the whistle on the football tickets scam it went a bit tonto with baying mobs at his door demanding their money back. He was also reported to the Police and many victims came forward and made statements.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X