• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone-has anyone heard of Webb Resolutions Limited?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi Everyone-has anyone heard of Webb Resolutions Limited?

Dolly
    I still have not had time to look at your statements - but I will, things have been very hectic for me.

I came across on the other day whilst helping someone else who got back in regards to PPI from a compensatory payment from a governement scheme they are called FSCS http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...42553238,d.d2k I saw the name of Webb Resolutions who are supposedly dormant according to Companies House and Picture Loans they are showing as that they deal with the compensation for both these companies. In case you may have had PPI included with your picture loan you should check to see in your case if you have some compensation to come.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Dolly77,

By using your original credit agreement it is possible to forensically rebuild your whole loan agreement into a ledger showing how much the loan was for, the amount of the payments, the dates the payments are/were due.

It can get a bit technical if the interest rate is variable as you would have to have a record of every interest rate rise/fall and the new amount due to be paid as a result, make sure to add a column to your ledger to show any extra's you have been charged and exactly when they were applied to the account.

If you can do this you will have a clearer picture of the breakdown of your loan and be able to use it to question everything you are unsure about.

I think the balance of £36689 they have quoted you is if the loan continues to the end of the loan period, you may want to ask them for a redemption figure instead, as if you were going to pay off the loan within 7 days, that should tell you the exact amount of the initial loan funds still outstanding and whatever fees they add for early redemption interest or legal fees etc.

Originally posted by Dolly77 View Post
      Hiya thanks for post! Will look into that. It's very confusing, we took £38000 secured loan with picture in April 2007, interest initially 9.9% to consolidate existing debts etc, it was over 300 months and in total we have paid back £23,256 in 68 months but Webb say that our current balance outstanding is £36689 or there abouts. We have not missed a payment, the odd time it has been late when I was on maternity leave mainly but always paid within the month. It's as if each payment we pay about £20 off the balance, surely that can't be right?

Comment

Hi Tuttsi
        what does 'dormant' mean? I can't see on the paperwork any ppi and early repayment charge
        applied for the first 60 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly77 View Post
          Hi Tuttsi
          what does 'dormant' mean? I can't see on the paperwork any ppi and early repayment charge
          applied for the first 60 months.
          I posted this up on another thread a few days ago lol - so had the answer to hand... Sometimes the PPI is included in the figures and they often hide this fact. I am not saying this is the case with you but it is a strong possibility. I think a SAR to the Data controller asking for all the information on your account and whether there is PPI?

Yes as far as I know dormant companies can at any time start trading at any time - but if you suspect that Webb are trading I would call companies House and advise them of this fact and ask who you should complain to.

The other day whilst helping someone else who got back dome PPI from http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...42553238,d.d2k I saw the name of Webb Resolutions on their webb site so they must definately have gone otherwise this compensation scheme would not have paid out. There were other names like Picture etc.... + all other companies that are dead in the water.

from wicapediaA dormant company in the United Kingdom can be defined as dormant when its transactions have been limited to payment for shares taken by subscribers to the memorandum of association, fees paid to the Register of Companies for a change of company name, the re-registration of a company and filing annual returns and payment made in respect of civil penalties imposed by the Registrar of Companies for delivering accounts to the Registrar after the statutory time allowed for filing.[1]
          Under the new Companies Act there are exceptions for certain companies. For example some financial and insurance companies are under obligation to file their full accounts regardless of their status.
          Last edited by Tools; 22nd November 2013, 02:07:AM. Reason: broken links

Comment

I know this is an old thread but Inwould be really interested to know how this turned out? I am in a very similar situation with Webb?

Comment

Originally posted by Topcatcourtenay View Post
              I know this is an old thread but Inwould be really interested to know how this turned out? I am in a very similar situation with Webb?
              Good morning, welcome to LB,

As the OP here has not posted for 3 years and the account is inactive, you will get advice appropriate to
              your situation more easily if you start your own thread.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X