• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice regarding Particulars of Claim needed, thanks - Black Horse HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice regarding Particulars of Claim needed, thanks - Black Horse HP

I have attached a copy of the patriculars of the claim from Black Horse and wondered if someone could have a look at it and confirm for me are they asking for the return of the car as well as the money owed or is it one or the other, thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Advice regarding Particulars of Claim needed, thanks - Black Horse HP

was the agreement a hire purchase or fixed sum loan

Comment

It was a HP agreement

Comment

do you have the default notice

Comment

Didn't get one although they sat they sent one 2nd class post. After reading through some posts I thought about sending SAR but as I have to reply to this claim within 14 days, I am not sure that it will help as I will not get it in time before having to respond

Comment

If you send an Acknowledgement of Service, you get another 14days to file your defence.

Comment

what is the date on the claim form

Comment

The date on the front of the claim form from the court is 6 Nov

Comment

You wold be wise to send an Acknowledgment of Service to the court tomorrow by Recorded Delivery

Comment

Woul that be to complete one of the blue forms included

Comment

Just googled acknowledgement of service and found it is the defence and counterclaim form that was sent out with the claim.

Their figures for the total paid can be disputed as it is about £180 less and that is going from their statements of payments I have made, also I contacted them Sep 2011 as I could not afford the repayments and came to an arrangement which I have maintained so I am not sure why they are doing this now.

I made a note of the date of the call and the person I spoke to so I can record those details in the defence also.

I do not dispute that I owe the money but I need the car for my job and if I have to give it back I will have no other income and then I would lose my home also and I have an 11 year old son who stays with me more often than his mum.

Comment

It isn't the Defence and Counterclaim form - that's for later. What you must do now is return the Acknowledgment of Service form to the court indicating that you dispute ALL of the claim. This form you will find in the response pack that the court sent you with the claim form. It's only one sheet of A4, printed on both sides. Get this off to the court by the date required - it explains what you have to do in the documents you have received - it's not difficult. You then get another 14 days to file your defence at court.

Comment

send a cpr 31.14 request for a copy of the the default notice, termination notice, and agreement. you can also apply for a time order to pay the arrears and keep the car.

Comment

I have just spoke to the court and as the claim is for a return of goods, a reply has to be sent within 14 days, there is no aknowledgement of service for this type of claim and you have to submit the admission form and defence, their is no option to get longer

Comment

yes, you have to acknowledge the claim and you will be refuting their application to the court for the return of the vehicle. It still has not been confirmed that the agreement has Been been terminated yet so section 90 CCA 1974 may apply. DID THE DEFAULT NOTICE JUST ASK FOR THE ARREARS OF FOR SUMS NOT YET DUE AS WELL. you realy do need to get that CPR 31.14 SENT TO BLACK HORSE DOUBLE TIME

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X