• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proof of no claims bonus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of no claims bonus

Hi guys....newbie here......still struggling to find my way around this site....somewhere I posted can't find it now but brummie replied to me!! Anyway just wanted to say thanks and to let you know I have received a phone call today from Provident/Covea Insurance. (I wrote to them to complain because my initial insurers/brokers onesureinsurance were threatening to withhold my proof of no claims bonus until I paid a £70 cancellation fee which would include any monies that I still owed to them. My new brokers Halifax were threatening to double my premiums if they did not get proof of no claims bonus! I spoke directly last friday to Provident the underwriters (although I changed brokers my underwriters remained the same Provident/Covea) who stated on that occasion that they had on file my proof of ncb but could not release it to my new brokers!! Provident/Covea have just phoned to say they are forwarding my proof of no claims bonus onto my new brokers on my behalf and are trying to quash the cancellation fee that onesureins are pursing me for. What an amazing result and that is because I wrote to them to complain + they have presumably had a letter of complaint also from the Ombudsman. They stated quite clearly that brokers are NOT allowed to withhold this information! So please rejoice and I hope this information may help others in the future........thankyou brummie for your reply
    Tags: None

Re: Proof of no claims bonus

hi
    glad to hear you got a result!

you placed your post under vehicle finance and issues, by the way. if you drop admin a line they may be able to put the two links together....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X