• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all and Welcome finance problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all and Welcome finance problems

Hi everyone, im new to the whole online forum thing but ive heard good things, hoping someone here can help me before my situation gets worse
    Tags: None

Re: Hi all and Welcome finance problems

if its welcome finance then ime your man

i have taken them head on in court and won so to speak

their is a lot of knowledge on this forum from posters who have had first hand dealings with unwelcome finance as they have been through it themself

tell us your situation so we can start

and welcome to legal beagles

Comment

Hi, and welcome to you, Pete. I'm not a Welscum expert - I mostly try and stick to doing the figure-work - but there are plenty here who can help you, because they have been there and got the T-shirt. I don't think you will go wrong with Militant on your case, though !!!

Comment

Thanks guys, ill give you a little background

in 2007 i borrowed £2000 naievely from welcome, id never had a loan, overdraft or credit before and was "advised" by my brother r=that these guys were good and great to deal with.

I paid on time for a number of months through my bank, and a couple of payments through my local agent, as our paths crossed randomly and i figured an early payment would have been a good thing.. Wrong!

I began to pay in the local branch as was working locally and passed it daily.

After almost a year and i think i was roughly half way through the term, i began understanding the terms of the loan and apr etc and realised i was being totally ripped off.

I went to complain but their offices were closing down. I was told they would be writing to me. Which they didnt.

I had no other payments taken from my bank, there was no local office to complain to and no documentation was sent out, i waited over a year, no correspondance and i subsequently left the uk to work in the republic of ireland.

I have been back for almost 2 years, on the electoral register, banking regularly etc, last week i recieved a letter from Willen collection agency for a debt of almost £7000 duo to them as they bought the debt from welcome finance.

Is this legal to buy a debt without me signing any paperwork?

Sorry, i forgot to mention that during my attempts to call and contact them i discovered they were going bust (or so i thought) and after no correspondance i assumed they were in default and had loans etc wiped off. Im in building industry and if someone goes bust on me, i dont sell their debt on so i assumed they were the same.

As it was so long ago i have no paperwork now regsrding the origional loan. All i can remen=mber is the guy i dealt with was called steve

Comment

I am just doing a check on this willen debt agency

i have a suspicion its mkrr

back soon

Comment

does this willen recoveries leter have a companies or consumer credit number on it

Comment

Licence Number:0632091
              Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number
              Compello Operations Limited 04746414

Categories:

Credit brokerage Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Compello
              Impact Collections
              Keynes Collections
              Milton Keynes Recoveries
              MK Rapid Recoveries
              Raven Recoveries
              Willen Collections

Issued Date: 07-Dec-2009
              Date Maintenance Payment Due: 06-Dec-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionChristopher Michael Sales Craig McLeod Allan James Roy Clark

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence TradePro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessTradePro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United KingdomRegistered OfficeTrade Pro House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, MILTON KEYNES, MK5 8FR, United Kingdom

GOTCHA

Comment

it says it has reg no: 08045559 and ccl no: 650669
                its part of compello operations ltd

Comment

Willen are part of MKRR! Welcome are well known for trying to have appeared to sell the debt to two ro three different companies, all ourMilton Keynes friends. It can get them in quite a pickle once you start looking at dates of assignment etc... as typically Welcome, their paper trail is appalling. All Compello!

Will keep an eye on the thread, but trust me,Militant knows this lot well, listen to what he has to say.

SORRY - crossed post!

Comment

WILLEN COLLECTIONS

Date: 15/10/2012
                    Your ref: XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

you have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number,which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Willen Collections.

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Tracing’s Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical and psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and alsoinform the Office of Fair Trading of your actions.

NOW SEND THIS BY RECORDED DELIVERY TO THOSE MUPPETTS

DO NOT REPLY TO ANY LETTERS
                    DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE OR CALL THEM, REFUSE TO GO THROUGH SECURITY

as labman has pointed out, the assignment will be crap so hang tite

DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEBT IN ANY WAY

KEEP ALL LETTERS FREOM THEM AND WHAT YOU SEND ALSO

MOST IMPORTANT

Comment

id appreciate any help and advice you guys can give me, i have no problem paying the remainder of the existing debt, withouth the interest of £6000 added! im currently sorting out my partners finances, as she was in a pickle when we met. I really could do withoud addint to the "heap" and ive thus far managed a good, clean history with no borrowing apart from this "get credit to give yourself a good credit history" nonsense i was sold with :-(

Comment

i called willen and demanded to know who they were. And what they were wanting. I already answered question about my name and date of birth. I also refused to aknowledge any debt with them

Comment

I also refused to aknowledge any debt with them

THATS GOOD, DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH THEM, ONLY SEND THE LETTERS I POST UP

THATS THE FIRST OF THREE TO GET THEM OFF YOUR BACK

SEND THAT LETTER BY RECORDED DELIVERY AND LET ME KNOW THEIR RESPONSE WHEN IT COMES

Comment

What can this willen collections do? if anything?

Comment

From this point on, stop talking to them at all, and just keep everything in writing for the avoidance of doubt. If they phone you refuse to go through security and ask them to put it in writing.

ANOTHER crossed thread - at least we're saying the same things. I'll shut up and leave you to it! lol Peter - you're in great hands here.
                              Last edited by labman; 14th October 2012, 23:13:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X