• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI! Look at this please. Do I have it?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI! Look at this please. Do I have it?!

Hi, I'm new! Hope someone comes back to me.

Last week I sent 18 letters to 18 different credit card companies, banks, car finance people as I think I may have PPI that I've never noticed before.

I've now had 2 responses in so far from BMW and I've attached these. The finance for both these cars just doesn't seem to stack up to me and I wondered if I'd had PPI sneakily added. Is anyone clever enough to understand whether I've got PPI on either of these agreements? I'd be so grateful. I don't really know what I'm looking for to be honest. I've never been very good with all of this money/finance thing! Please help and be kind please!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PPI! Look at this please. Do I have it?!

nope no cover

Comment

Really? but the figures don't seem to stack up, especially with the £23k one?

Comment

Can someone (maths minded) have a look at this guys agreement please, he seems to think that the HP figures don't add up properly.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Bibi are there any others you want us to look at for you ? Might as well stick them all up if you're unsure.

Comment

Hi Bibi. I'm afraid I have to concur with Sed.
            Taking the first example,
            Purchase price is £23000
            Deposit paid is £3000
            Balance due is £20000 (ie. 23000 - 3000)
            Total charge for credit is £5188.58
            Total Amount Payable under the loan agreement is £25188.58 (ie. 20000 + 5188.58)

The total of all the repayments and charges listed comes to £25188.58, which tallies with the TAP above.

The only thing I think that is wrong is that at the top of the agreement, the Total Amount Payable is entered as £28188.58, as they appear to have added the £3000 deposit to the TAP. The £28188.58 is actually the total cost of the vehicle, and NOT the Total Amount Payable under the loan agreement.

It is possible that this might have been enough to invalidate the agreement, but might have been considered 'de minimis,' and not enough for that. Either way, it would really have probably just needed them to re-draft the agreement, so I doubt if you would have gained anything apart from a month's 'payment holiday.

The second agreement stacks up in exactly the same way.

Comment

Hi Sapphy

thanks for asking maths minded people to take a look. I will have lots more to come and as soon as I've collated all my agreements I will post on this site for advice. Thanks again for encouraging others to take a look at my 2 BMW agreements above. x

Comment

Originally posted by bibi24 View Post
                Thanks again for encouraging others to take a look at my 2 BMW agreements above. x
                Encouraged ? !!! I was dragged here by my ear'ole !!!
                Seriously, Bibi, post up any other dodgy-looking agreements, and we'll be glad to take a look. I'm sure we'll find some PPI in there eventually !!!

Comment

Hope your ears are ok now! Soon as I get my agreements in order I will post them. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                    Encouraged ? !!! I was dragged here by my ear'ole !!!
                    Seriously, Bibi, post up any other dodgy-looking agreements, and we'll be glad to take a look. I'm sure we'll find some PPI in there eventually !!!
                    Now now,Bill,,the girls use 'gentle persuasion',

Comment

good morning everyone!
                      thanks again Bill K (Alsaition) for your response re PPI. Could there be any hidden PPI in the BMWs?

I just wondered.

Anyway, I wrote to Nationwide a week ago and provided them with 2 account numbers for mortgage products (a secured loan and a mortgage I had a number of years ago). I asked them for a copy of the credit agreement for the 2 accounts. They've written to me saying the 2 accounts are not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and returned my 2 x £1 cheques. What does this mean? Can I ask for more information in the form of a SAR? Will a SAR be able to tell me if I've got PPI?

Any help you can give GREATLY appreciated!

Have a good weekend all of you! Happy Beagling.

Comment

Hi Bibi. Although we often refer to ourselves collectively as Beagles, we're all allocated a particular breed, depending on how much of a nuisance we have been over the years (it's actually the number of posts we've made, I believe !) So, newbies are Beagle Puppies, and old gits like me are Alsatians, etc., etc.

With those two BMW's, all the money paid is accounted for. I doubt very much that the PPI is hidden in the credit charges. However, in some cases, the lender may sell PPI (or other insurance) as a separate 'stand alone' item. This would then be paid entirely separately - either as an 'upfront' lump sum, or a monthly charge. You would need to check for this in your own records. You can send a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) to request a copy of all data they have on you, but this will cost £10 for each main lender, so it can be a bit of a gamble, as you MAY find evidence or proof of PPI.

Mortgages and secured loans are generally not covered by the CCA, so they were correct to return your CCA requests & cheques. A DSAR might be the best thing for these. Again, though, check if there might have been separate insurance for these - this is quite common with mortgages and secured loans.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X