• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transport for London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport for London

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this but need some real quick help please.
    I run a small chauffeur business as a sole trader and things are really tough for us guys in the transport industry at the moment as I'm sure they are for lots and lots of other people.
    However, I currently have a problem with Transport for London and their debt collection agency Task enforcement Ltd.
    For the 2nd time this year one of my employees has paid congestion charge for a wrong vehicle. Basically we have 2 vehicles with virtually the same reg plate bar 1 letter. Tfl accepted we had made an error the 1st time we did it but now have insisted we pay the fine the 2nd time. This I verbally contested insisting we weren't trying to cheat our way out of paying but we simply paid the charge for the wrong vehicle which wasn't even in London but actually still back in Manchester. Task enforcement have today hit me with a bailliffs bill of £548 for non payment if a £10 congestion charge.
    Should I pay the bailliffs and claim it back through the courts or not pay it at all. I was very ill at the time of the incident and i wasn't able to properly fight the case and I believe they have some kind of warrant of execution. Does this give them extra powers? Pls help
    Tags: None

Re: Transport for London

bump

Comment

Re: Transport for London

No it doesn't give Task Enforcement any extra powers or the right to charge stupid fees like they are attempting to charge. Ask them for a written breakdown of their charges. This should be done in writing. Task Enforcement has a history of non-compliance with statutory provisions.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X