• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help needed PLEASE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help needed PLEASE!

Hi I am new to the site and I need urgent help I have never been in trouble before and I have received a letter in the post that has made me very nervous indeed
    it is a requisition for unpaid car tax it has frightened the life out of me as it was unexpected as I have had no correspondence from the dvla at all before this letter
    the letter reads
    no asn required
    requisition
    you are required to appear at crown court on 6th September 9.30 to answer the charge that on the 10 th April within the jurisdiction of this court you are being a person to whom a vehicle excise licence for vehicle....... Was issued upon receipt of a cheque which was dishonoured whereby the said licence became void failed to deliver up the licence when required to do so contrary to section 35a of the vehicle excise and registration act 1994
    Then it has got statement of facts then notice of penalties
    i don't want to go to court as I don't think I would be able to get my point across in a courtroom can I plead guilty in writing and if I can how the hell do I word it
    an help would be great as this is really worrying me now
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent Help needed PLEASE!

are you sure its crown court

crown courts are for appeals etc

dont you mean magistrates court

even then, most car tax issues are done in the county court as car tax is a civil matter

Comment

Have you checked with your bank to see if the cheque was, in fact, dishonoured? DVLA are well-known for their blundering. Your first step is to check with your bank.

If DVLA has, indeed, blundered, you need to contact them straightaway and, if necessary, ask to swear a Statutory Declaration at the magistrates court. I say this because you have not received any correspondence in connection with the alleged matter.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You are asking if you can plead guilty by letter, but you say you have had no previous correspondence. If you have had no previous correspondence how could you have issued a dishonoured cheque therefore how could you be guilty of the charge?

Why fall on your sword?
        'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
        depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

I have just checked with my bank and they did dishonour it but on my bank statement it looks like it has been taken out and it hasn't been put back in
          sorry yes it is mag court
          buti need to know what to put in a letter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X