• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - Mine is a Black Horse problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Mine is a Black Horse problem

Hello and I am hoping to find an answer to a ten year debt problem, but along the way if I can give my support to someone else I will.

Mine is a longstanding problem which I will post later, as it is quite complex, but would be interested to know if anyone else has been chased to pay for interest and charges .?:beagle:
    Tags: None

Re: Hello - Mine is a Black Horse problem

This is my problem , I v tried to keep it brief, but it is ten years old now,My partner now is more savvy than me and convinced me to end it, and seek advice as I was paying £50 a month with not statements or proper agreement, so no end in sight.

In May 2002 and due to divorce I was coerced into agreeing to the purchase of a motor home by solicitors. This was to enable myself and daughters to regain the family home, and my then husband to move out and live in the motor home. He initially agreed to have this as his financial settlement for the divorce.

The original debt totalled £40,094.35 , which included interest charges of about £ 10 k.
    However, the divorce dragged on and my husband changed his mind, and I was left repaying the debt. The payments were £333.63 per month and with having two teenage daughters I soon got into difficulty with the debt.
    Eventually Black Horse repossessed the motor home and it was sold at auction for £19400.25 (no receipt of this amount )which Black Horse said left me with a balance of £17024.17. At this point I went to CAB who negotiated on my behalf. They achieved only a small reduction in charges. I cashed in an endowment and started monthly payments to Black Horse of £30 per month. (By this time Nationwide Collection Services Ltd had taken over the account.)
    I paid Black Horse a further £9000.00 from the payback of the policy and continued to pay £30 per month, then after constant pressure from the collection company I raised the payments to £40 per month and then more recently to £50 per month.

I now have a balance of about £5000, which I cannot continue to pay at £50 per month. My partner has pointed out loads of discrepancies in the lack of accounts, and the fact that the vehicle was paid for within 3 years of the 10 year agreement, and that now they are just chasing for interest /charge payments.
    The Financial Ombudsman was very sympathetic but could not take the matter further as it was unregulated.
    A solicitor more or less told me to pay, and wanted loads of money in the bargain.

Is there any way I can get this debt looked at properly?
    Is it possible to get the balance discharged or reduced?
    Can they take me to court for interest charges, and keep adding to the account , as at the moment I am just sending £5 a month.?
    It is no longer recorded on my credit file as in the words of Black Horse , “the vehicle has been repossessed and its more than 6 years ago?

Thanks for reading :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X