• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Libor 'not fit for purpose'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libor 'not fit for purpose'

Watched in the BBC news this evening update about the libor and it was confirmed that libor not fit for purpose. Apparently there are 8 weeks given to conclude investigations? :thumb:
    Tags: None

Re: Libor 'not fit for purpose'

You know why they have given them 8 weeks. If there is no trust in the base reference system for the economy then that will result in less confidence. The recession dips again. This has to be dealt with very quickly.
    'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
    depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

I agree. This scandal is not helping at all in recovery of our economy.

Comment

I have spoken to the FSA this morning and despite Arrows/Advantages wrong doing, to which I still to today's date have not had a satisfactory response, I feel I am being shafted left right and centre. Because the second charge is unregulated it cannot be addressed by the FSA and can only be repremanded in court. Essentially it would cost me money in order to get any justice done!

Comment

Found this article looks RBS are ready to pay a huge fine for their part in the Libor rigging. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...LRbHJlSkxnia4w

Comment

Question is - what mortgage/sub prime companies used RBS to lend them money? Who will RBS pay compensation to for their Libor rigging? Will it be Joe public or companies that used their rate? If it is the latter then bet we will not see a penny of the compensation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X