• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE......Letter from GE Money regarding a Secured Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE......Letter from GE Money regarding a Secured Loan

Hello Everyone !!!

I was wondering if any of you have received a Letter from GE Money regarding a Secured Loan??

I have been paying £393 per month by Direct Debit and now i receive this letter telling me that because GE Money have made a mistake as a gesture of goodwill have reduced my Loan by £2035.47,but now i have to pay £475 per month??????????

Below is the exact wording in the letter :

Mortgage Owner : GE Money Home Finance Limited

Dear Mr & Mrs

Why we are writing to you
    We have recently concluded a review of your account and have found that your monthly instalments have not always changed when the interest rate on your account changed.

Since opening your account, interest rates have fluctuated. The interest rate applied to your account is currently 13.478%,and is linked to GE Money’s base lending rate.

As your monthly instalment has not always changed to reflect the fluctuation in GE Money’s base lending rate,you have not been paying enough to make sure your loan is repaid within your agreed term.

What we have done to help you repay your loan within theagreed term
    We have calculated that the total amount underpaid onyour account as of 8th May 2012 as a result of this matter is£2,035.47-and we have reduced your account balance by this amount as a gestureof goodwill.You will see this transaction reflected on your next annualstatement.

Any fees and charges that may have been applied to youraccount during the term are not affected by this issue.

Your notice of payment change
    We have adjusted your monthly instalment to reflect thecurrent rate on your account.

Your monthly instalment will be £475 with effect from1st June 2012.

Please note your monthly instalment will change inaccordance with future fluctuations to GEMoney’s base lending rate.At thatpoint in time you will receive a Notice of Payment Change advising you of yournew monthly instalment and the effective date.

What you need to do now
    If you are currently paying by Direct Debit you do notneed to take any further action,we will collect your new payment automatically

If you pay by any other method you will need to take thenecessary action to increase your monthly payment to £475 as quoted above.

We are sorry this has occurred and have now changed ourprocesses to ensure this does not happen again.

Advice needed please
    Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X