• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to submit Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to submit Particulars of Claim

Hi,
    I am wanting some advice please about trying to get a SCC case struck out (if that is the correct wording) because the Particulars of Claim have not been received within the 14 days that the Court advise that they should have been received by.
    Can I just write to the court asking for them to consider the case is cancelled/struck out?
    What are the chances of this happening?
    Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Failure to submit Particulars of Claim

You need to make an Interim Application.

The grounds for stike out are that the Claimant (s) has not disclosed an arguable case to put before the court.

Ask for costs of the Interim Application from the Claimant, and costs of the hearing, if any.

Comment

Thanks SpringerSpaniel.

Only the first Claim Form received so far and this was now received 4 weeks ago. Particulars of Claim were to follow, with the Court's paperwork advising these should be received within 14 days of Claim Form.

Comment

Originally posted by RosSharp View Post
        Thanks SpringerSpaniel.

Only the first Claim Form received so far and this was now received 4 weeks ago. Particulars of Claim were to follow, with the Court's paperwork advising these should be received within 14 days of Claim Form.
        You should definitely write to Court requesting the claim be struck out on the grounds that no Particulars of Claim have been served as required by the Civil Procedure Rules and as ordered by the Court.

As Springer says you should ask for costs of the hearing, if any.

Who is the Claimant? It sounds as though this was a try on.

QCK

Comment

Thank you QCKate. Would love to give details, but not sure on a public thread!
          I am constantly receiving aggrevation of one sort or another from the Claimant, and yes it probably is that this was just another form of harassment (one that the police will not take into account because it is court action!).

Comment

Do you raise with a Judge that the Claimant is a vexacious litigant ? If so you may wnat to seek a Grepe v Loam order

Comment

these have now benn renamed Civil restraint orders
              http://www.thelawyer.com/repeat-offence/113916.article
              sorry dont know ow to make this into a link

Comment

I am in the process of helping another with exactly the same problem, if you wish to send PM to me I can take you through this process and I agree an open forum may not be the place to give to much away at this stage.

Pepsie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X