• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

masterloan ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masterloan ppi

• In my previous thread

i mentioned where my PPI Loan was not upheld,

well this morning i received a letter from Barclays stating that all my Loans were being upheld.

They also advised they cannot work out a full refund due to the fact that these loans are too old.

They have offered me a goodwill gesture of £3300.

The loans i have taken out total to nearly £60,000.

Previuously i had 2 loans upheld which dated back to 1997,
      yet these loans date back to 1998.

For the last 2 loands which date back to 1997 i was offered £17,000.

What i cannot understand is when they paid me for my loans in 1997, how can't they work out the PPI for the loans starting 1998 which was a year later.

I am not willing to accept the offer as it really is unacceptable.

What step should i take further?

Tags: None

Re: masterloan ppi

Hiya sorry for the delay in an answer,

Welcome to Legal Beagles, I'm not a PPI expert, but I will send this thread to a few people I know who are experts

Comment

Hi there

Sorry I was not here earlier to see this.

If they have not done so already, ask them to send you a detailed breakdown on each and every one they have upheld.

I understand it will all depend on what you paid into the ppi, and there is interest to add as well.
      I take it that is the amounts offered with interest?

Also with some of the older accounts, they can track down and others they cannot, where they will offer a goodwill offer.
      Do you still have any of the paperwork of these loans?

Below I will also post up a link/thread from Turbo/Bill, which will explain how to work out calculations.

If you do have the detailed breakdown, please feel free to post them up so they can be looked at, maybe we will be able to see what is what.
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...I-Calculations

Did they also clarify if the interest have already been deducted from the amount?

With some businesses, as tax is payable to the HMRC, they will either deduct this from the amount, or they should let you know if you need to get in touch with the HMRC about this.
      If your not a tax payer, it should not affect you, if your a basic rate tax payer then you pay 20% in regards of the interest, if higher tax payer, then you would have to get in touch with the HMRC to also arrange something.

But normally, if the business are the ones who deduct automatically, they will do so at the above basic rate, if your not a tax payer, you can try reclaiming this back from the HMRC, of higher contact the HMRC.

Just thought I should mention this as well, hope you didnt mind.

Comment

no ihave only account and policy np and bank statement from 1997 t0 2005 and they have sent any break down ann no they not clarify if the interest have already been deducted from the amount? if they dont pay my ppi which i paid plus 8% interest than i will go court

Comment

so sorry wrong thread sent this is right thread no ihave only account and policy no and bank statement from 1997 t0 2005 and they have not sent any break down and no they not clarify if the interest have already been deducted from the amount? if they dont pay my ppi which i paid plus 8% interest than i will go court

Comment

all the ppi i have paid were single prm paid up front with the loans

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X