• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all

Hi all

just a quick hello, i'm having problems with a philips bailiff, and am having a look through the site for similar situ's and advice.

Andy
    Tags: None

Re: hello all

Ah, i'm currently unable to enter posts on the forum. I guess still awaiting activation?

Can anyone advise please on my problem.

I have Philips attending with a distress warrant for an unpaid magistrates fine.

There is no issue over the actual fine, It is owed, but unpaid due to financial constraints.

Issues are that, on the documents they have sent they make no reference to the date of the distress warrant. I recall the initial notification of a distress warrant was over 6 months ago. Where and how do I view or find a copy of this?

Also, the belongings at the property I am at are wholly my partners. I also reside partly at my parents and have only limited belongings there too. Can I/They prevent goods being taken that are not mine? Is there a form or declaration notice that can be made?

Many thanks

Andy

Comment

Hi acarpen9 & welcome to Legal Beagles.

Have you had a read in the 'bailiff's' part of the forum?
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=76

& I'll give one of our bailiff gurus a nudge
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thankyou, Ive had a look through the forums and stickys, lots of good advice on there.

Still trying to work out what I should do in my own case, very unsure of things.

Comment

Basically, the bailiffs cannot levy upon or seize any property belonging to your partner. If they do, they are acting unlawfully, if not illegally. They can only seize property belonging to you.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hello, Ive tried to set up a payment to get them off my back. But they are listing several other ghost accs/debts along with the current one.

Notably, the distress warrants are both for the same debt. 1st DW expired, and has been reissued.

Do I have to pay the same debt and charges twice?

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            PS if a mod is about, please can this thread be submitted to the bailiff section? I posted it here as I seem to be unable to post topics in the main forum area.

many thanks
            Last edited by acarpen9; 24th April 2012, 01:15:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X