• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

costs for litigant in person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• costs for litigant in person

Hello

Its in an appeal case in the high court, the respondents were awarded costs based on 55 pounds (As put forward by them in a spreadsheet), and the judge agreed with that. I pointed out that litigant in person can only chaarge 9.25 per hour, CPR 52.4, but he ignored that and still went ahead with the order. I have to pay in 10 days what shall I do?

Since the order was made the respondent has come back with an updated spreadsheet and increased their price by 20 percent. How can this be corrected?

Please advise.

Regards
    Yzee
    Last edited by Yzee; 26th March 2012, 01:57:AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Tags: None

Re: costs for litigant in person

CPR - 57th update, I think (came into force October 2011)

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil

The Costs Practice Direction supplementing Parts 43-48

Minor amendments are made to streamline the process and minimise work and costs incurred in litigation about estates.
    Further amendments are made to increase the rates that litigants in person can recover for financial loss through spending time on legal work. The rate is increased from £9.25 to £18.00.
    Last edited by charitynjw; 26th March 2012, 03:05:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X