• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hi to all

Originally posted by labman View Post
    I assume this is the one (with thanks to Money Saving Expert from where this was taken) http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/mortgage-fees:

[Insert your name
    and address]

[insert date]

[insert name
    and address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account/reference number: [insert account/reference number]
    After the FSA statement on Mortgage Exit Administration Fees (MEAFs), I am writing to complain about the charge on the above account when I exited my mortgage contract with [insert name of bank].

In particular I note that the FSA stated “if a past customer who has paid a higher MEAF to exit complains, he or she can expect a refund of the difference between the actual MEAF paid on exit and the original MEAF.”

[Use this section if you know your fees or delete]
    My contract with you stated a MEAF of [insert original MEAF], however, I was actually charged [insert actual MEAF]. I believe this unexpected increase does not reflect the true cost to [insert name of bank]of covering the staff and administration costs involved and I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money.

[Use this section if you do not know your fees or delete]
    At the time I entered into my contract I believe the fee was in the region of [enter start figure of your lender from the table], however, the fee had increased to around [enter end figure of your lender from the table] by the time I closed the account.

Additionally, I have calculated interest of £[8% per year onto difference of original and actual figure], 8% has been used as this is the rate the courts use for statutory interest, and therefore ask that you repay me the amount of [insert total figure = difference + interest).

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]
    That the one although I trimmed it down & didnt bother with interest.

Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X