• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt managers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt managers

Hi about 12 years ago i was made redundant and could pay my overdraft of £1000 with tsb so they past me to debt managers and ive been pay £5 at first then £3 a month all these years on they said i still own £4000 can they do this as will never see the end of this debt.
    Tags: None

Re: debt managers

And how does the DCA justify this ??
    A DCA CANNOT add interest to a debt unless there is a clear contractual provision.

Comment

Hello Craig,

Someone is taking the yellow stuff. And I think you'll find it's Lloyds TSB and the debt managers. By my calculations, a payment of £6.94 per month over the last 12 years should have cleared this. Check the agreement just to make sure they're not adding interest or debt management charges. Also, check to see if the debt managers are linked to Lloyds TSB in any way, either as a wholly-owned subsidiary or as part of a business owned by Lloyds TSB Group.

Curlyben has summed it up perfectly in what he says in his post.

Check the agreement, as advised above, then come back onto this thread.

Bluebottle
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        And how does the DCA justify this ??
        A DCA CANNOT add interest to a debt unless there is a clear contractual provision.
        can you help me through this what is contractual provision where do i start please.

Comment

Hello again Craig,

Very simply, a contractual provision is something that forms part of a contract. "Contractual Provisions" are also known as "Contract Terms" and, sometimes "Terms and Conditions".

What Curlyben has said, in layman's terms, is are there any conditions attached to the debt management that you are required to pay interest on the outstanding balance and/or debt management charges? You should be able to find this in any paperwork Lloyds TSB and/or the debt manager sent to you.

My reason for asking if the debt manager is tied up with Lloyds TSB in any way is that debt advice is available free of charge from CAB, National Debt Helpline and other free debt counselling organisations.

Bluebottle
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X