• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Greetings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Hi,

I've arrived here via google ... I was searching for info about a firm of debt collectors called 'Cabot Financial', and found that they've been featured in the forums here fairly often!
    Tags: None

Re: Greetings!

Hi Zed, and welcome to ya !!!

Yes, indeedy - Cabot are very well known to us guys here.

They even have their very own fan club. No, really...they do !!!

Lovely guys. :billk:

Comment

LOL! I'm in good company then!

Received a letter from them this week complaining that I hadn't made a payment since 1st May 2009 ... :tinysmile_cry_t:

Ummm, well that would be because the May payment was the final installment: the debt was cleared!
      (And presumably they've all been in asleep since May 2009, as I've had no communication at all from them for the past 2 years 9 months!)

Comment

It looks like you need to get them to tell you EXACTLY why they consider that you still owe money to them, Zed. We can maybe then work from that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
          LOL! I'm in good company then!

Received a letter from them this week complaining that I hadn't made a payment since 1st May 2009 ... :tinysmile_cry_t:

Ummm, well that would be because the May payment was the final installment: the debt was cleared!
          (And presumably they've all been in asleep since May 2009, as I've had no communication at all from them for the past 2 years 9 months!)
          Welcome to a fantastic site! :beagle: Like Bill said, you need to ask them to prove the debt:

Post 4 of this - Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
          Hi Zed, and welcome to ya !!!

Yes, indeedy - Cabot are very well known to us guys here.

They even have their very own fan club. No, really...they do !!!

Lovely guys. :billk:
          To fan the flames of the fire burning them I hope!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X