• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot Demand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescot Demand

Hi Everyone, found this site when Googling Wescot. We received a threatening DEMAND letter from these people for a debt with Barclaycard. The demand was addressed to my Daughter and immediately under her name in the letter (written in RED) was 'Important: Confirmation of Residency'. They go on to say that 'Our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at the above address...'
    This is completely untrue as my daughter has not lived with us for about 12 years and has, since October 2011, been resident in New Zealand. She did leave our address with a few people so that we could open and scan any any important mail and send to her via the Internet. We have had nothing from Barclaycard to date and this is the 1st communication from Wescot. We have emailed her the details and she says she is unaware of any debt and to return the letter to Wescot as 'Not at this address' and to do the same with any follow-ups.
    Your advices on this conundrum would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Wescot Demand

Hello and welcome PlasticineMan

Great name and think you'll mould in very nicely here (boom-boom).

Seems like a case of telling Westcot to go away and leave you alone as they clearly have their facts wrong. Not at this address seems sufficient, the minimum amount of work to make them go away is the aim as this is not your debt or indeed anyone's until they prove otherwise.

I know there are more learned people on this site than me so hopefully, you'll get a few replies from them soon.

To me it seems just another of Westcott's desperate measures.

Comment

I agree with you and Galahad, Shadowcat. It sounds very much to me like Westcot are on a fishing expedition.

Sending the letter back to Westcot marked "Not At This Address" would, probably, be the best thing to do at this stage.

Welcome to Legal Beagles, PlasticineMan.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        I agree with you and Galahad, Shadowcat. It sounds very much to me like Westcot are on a fishing expedition.

Sending the letter back to Westcot marked "Not At This Address" would, probably, be the best thing to do at this stage.
        Except that the letter has been opened.

In this case, it would be wiser to put it in a drawer and forget about it - do not reply.

When those onanists write again, do not open it but merely write "Not at this address. Return to sender." on it and then put it back in the post.

Keep doing that and, eventually, the Leeds losers may get the message.

Comment

CC as ever - yiou don't have the name Clever Clogs for nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X