• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello & Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello & Help!

Hi everyone,
    I hope someone can help. I have a business partner who has racked up a debt with his solicitor over his divorce and has ignored all the solicitors requests for payment. There are some questions regarding the validity of the amount which has been charged!
    We have a business (partnership) which owns a property in which he has a share.
    The solicitor has applied to the courts and the land registry to put a charge over his marital home and the property we own in the partnership.
    There is a court hearing tomorrow to further consider the application.
    I will be attending the hearing as I have a vested interest in the property but I need to put something forward to the judge. I feel the solicitor is being greedy, as there will be enough equity in the marital home once it is sold and the divorce is final.
    Can anyone help!
    Tags: None

Re: Hello & Help!

Originally posted by Bogflogger View Post
    Can anyone help!
    Yes, but your solicitor would be more use than a MacKenzie Friend.
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 21st November 2011, 02:02:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Yes, but your solicitor would be more use than a MacKenzie Friend.
      CC I could be wrong here but I think the poster is talking about his business partners solicitor NOT his own

From reading the post again I don't think the poster has a solicitor yet as he is getting shafted by his business partners solicitor that is trying to take a portion of the busines for unpaid fees by the partner

Apoligies if I have this wrong

I also wish i could offer the poster advice but I do not know enough about this subject to be of use

Comment

Attend court yourself and explain what you have posted here, ie that the equity in his client's marital home should be sufficient to cover the legal fees without involving the business premises.

Make it clear to the judge that you are opposing the solicitor's application for a charge over the business premises of which you are a joint owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
          CC I could be wrong here but I think the poster is talking about his business partners solicitor NOT his own
          I do not believe you were mistaken.

From reading the post again I don't think the poster has a solicitor yet as he is getting shafted by his business partners solicitor that is trying to take a portion of the busines for unpaid fees by the partner
          I believe that you are quite correct.

I also believe that, if he wishes to protect his interests from that rapacious rapscallion, he'd do better to use the services of another solicitor than to act alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X