• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclays loan can they be written off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclays loan can they be written off?

hi i just joined as i am looking into a barclays loan that was taken out in 2009 and i am looking into the possiblilty of having it written off. Now ive looked into litigation companies that can do this for you however this is all i have to look into and the amount outstanding isnt that much i have sent a letter to Barclays asking them for the agreement to be sent to me and i know roughly what am looking for once i have it. However i don't know what to do if i find anything wrong with the contract where do i go from there? has anyone done this before on their own or does anybody know what i need to do???
    Tags: None

Re: barclays loan can they be written off?

It sounds a bit to me as though you're trying to escape paying the debt which is not what this site is about.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in ensuring they have a valid CCA, though I think they will if it was in 2009. Nor is there anything wrong in coming to a repayment agreement with them if you are experiencing financial difficulties. We can certainly point you in the right direction for that on here, but I think you'll find most here are not in favour of debt avoidance.

Comment

i have set up payment with them however they would only set it up for 3 months. Now i don't want to avoid the debt but my only option available is debt managment which i do not want to go through as it will have a long term effect on my credit file and i had only missed 2 payments until this payment plan was set up now i owe the arrears and the last payment which all has to be paidd at once so i am worse off than before. Someone mention litigation as i was annoyed about the lack of help from them and the amount of interest and charges that have applied on my account even after ringing them several times and explaining that i was made redundant. I am now back in work however it is temping and my wages are not nearly enought to cover my household expenditure and the loan.

Comment

If you go to the top of the page, you'll see I/E sheets. If you fill in one of these, it will help you to identify exactly what you have as disposable income. If you are in a position of hardship, then you will be able to write and ask if they would stop interest and charges (some of these may well be refundable anyway).

However, if the thing that is concerning you is your credit record, you'll already have a 1, 2 then AP marked on your credit file. In order to minimise any further damage you would need to repay what is owed.

It's a very difficult positionfor you as the most sensiblething by the sounds of things is for you to set up a longer term repayment arrangement, but this would affect your CRF.

You don't want your CRF adversely affected, so you need to repay the debt which by the sounds of things is not that feasible.

Is there any chance they would extend the loan by a couple of months in order that you could just resume your full payment now you are back in employment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X