• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell & red

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell & red

Hi i'm new here and have in the past dealt with Mckenzie Hall and they have now gone away.
    But they did go so far as sending debt collectors to my home, I live in a block of flats, but never called my flat but a neighbour but wasn't let in.

However, I am now dealing with two dca's; Lowell & Red and CCS collection who are chasing really old debts which are statutory barred.
    It's fun to read their letters as they are trying really hard but I know they can do...nothing.
    Tags: None

Re: lowell & red

Hi and welcome to LB.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice for you.

Good luck on this.

Comment

Cheers. .I'm just amazed what lenghts dca's take to get some money even when they know they can't do anything (legal).
      One of the dca's,Red, stated Lowell owns the debt but they didn't state what the debt originates from..and I don't recognise the amount either.

Comment

Psst Red are part of the Lowell group along with Hamptons Legal

All good fun with these people, but once you have made the status clear you have nowt further to say to them and it is their position to prove otherwise..

Comment

I found out that Red and Lowell are connected by reading the small print in the letter and the address on the back of the envenlope. They are not very bright.

Comment

A question.. if a dca owns a debt and then ask another dca to collect, don't they have to state from where the debt originate from?

Comment

Curlyben's your man:-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14182
              (click on link)
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by twix View Post
                A question.. if a dca owns a debt and then ask another dca to collect, don't they have to state from where the debt originate from?
                There are a number of DCA's that have sub-companies.
                You have already met Lowell and Red, there's also Cabot and Fire, Aktiv Kapital and Thames credit and a few others.
                In these cases it all the same company just a different department collecting.

Where it's a completely different company collecting on behalf of another then they have zero legal powers or rights to legally pursue the debt in question.
                All you should ever send to these types of accounts would be a simple Prove It letter.
                There's no point in sending any legal requests as they will simply be ignored.

Have a read of this thread for so deeper thoughts on this matter: DCA's letter quiz - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
                Last edited by Curlyben; 9th May 2011, 07:24:AM.

Comment

All DCA are rouges and should learn some maners as the way they speak to you on the phone is disgrceful Ive had dealings with Lowell Red Cabot Aktiv Past Due they are all linked to the same company somewere along the line.

Comment

Originally posted by pejero View Post
                    All DCA are rouges and should learn some maners as the way they speak to you on the phone is disgrceful Ive had dealings with Lowell Red Cabot Aktiv Past Due they are all linked to the same company somewere along the line.
                    pejero, I believe it is all about treating the 'General Consumer, fairly and;
                    Compliance!

Comment

Originally posted by pejero View Post
                      I was not hitherto aware that Satan had become a company.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        I was not hitherto aware that Satan had become a company.
                        brilliant!

but , of course, there is Banco Satan-der.
                        Last edited by The Debt Star; 16th May 2011, 07:24:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X