• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiffs at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiffs at the door

Hi all, am posting to see if I can get any further advice.My partner and I recieved notice that rossendales were going to attend and remove goods for unpaid council tax over a year ago. I informed them and the council that I was bankrupt and not liable for the debt. This was accepted and my name taken off the debt. Rossendales then insisted my partner pay the full amount, we explained that she couldnot as she was not in work and in a difficult pregnancy. they insisted on a sum of £50 per week, to which we countered was impossible and offered to pay £5 per week until she went back to work. in the meantim I went and saw a solicitor to sign a affadavit which stated that all the goods and chattels etc in the property were mine and no one elses so that any bailiff could not remove them. Bailiffs did turn up to remove goods and accepted this eventually and withdrew in rather bad grace.
    since then we have paid every week £5 and if we missed a week paid £10 the following week, and have all the receipts. we moved house from private to housing assoc, and have kept up on all bills etc. My partner returned to work this week. The problem is that Rossendales have started sending enforcement notices through to her again two months ago even though we have been paying.
    On Wednesday last week I found a notice informing us of the fact that unless payment was made in full within 24 hours that they would return and remove goods. I was in all that day and no knock came at the door, in fact I found the note 10 minutes after it was posted.
    I emailed rossendales and cornwal council complaining about harrassment and was told by rossendales tough speak to the visiting bailiff and recieved no reply from the council. I have made a formal complaint to the council now and this morning called my local MP's office. The MP's staff got straight on to it and have phoned me back this morning, she has got Rossendales to back off until my partner fills out a expenditure form, but is not sure if my income should be on it as I am not named on the debt. The council apparently refuse to take the debt back from rossendales. Also at no point have I or any one else let the bailiffs in to the house and all doors are kept locked now
    Last edited by annoyedbyrossendales; 4th May 2011, 11:14:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tags: None

Re: bailiffs at the door

Was the Liability Order in both your names or just yours?

Comment

originally both but now just my partners

Comment

You need to write to your council since they employ Rossendales and ascertain exactly how much you owe and how much you have paid.

I would also write to Rossendales regarding the fees they will no doubt have added to your account.

All the details are here Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Well if you are bankrupt wouldn't your income already be allocated to the bankruptcy practicioner?
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X