• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi, anyone help with RCI finance..???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, anyone help with RCI finance..???

Hi, just found this forum and was hoping someone could help, anyone heard/dealt with RCI Finance....?????

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Hi, anyone help with RCI finance..???

RCI Financial Services provides finance solutions to Renault and Nissan customers of new and used cars and light commercial vehicles. The company also acts as an insurance intermediary for payment protection and GAP products. In addition, RCI Financial Services provide funding to the Renault and Nissan dealer networks.

Address: Eagle House
    78 St Albans Road
    Watford
    WD17 1AF
    Tel: 01923 686 160
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Appeared on here before too.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=3993
    Last edited by Caspar; 1st November 2010, 17:58:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi and welcome

What is your issue about?
      A reclaim perhaps??:tinysmile_grin_t:

Cheers.

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying.

Im in the process of handing a car back to RCI, id reached the halfway point of the agreement so ended it, they sent a couple of blokes to check the car over from a place called Manheim recovery, who told they wouldnt take the car as one of the tyres was not legal, i then got an aborted collection bill for £155 from RCI......

Ive had the tyre sorted and told Manheim, they are sending another couple of blokes next week to collect the car, 'shouldn't be any problems' they said as id had the tyre fixed, there are a few scratches on the car which they will need to fix, and obviously i have to pay for, ill get a 20% discount on the repairs if i pay on the day (which makes a mockery of the prices they are charging in the first place)......

Does anyone know if i can challenge the aborted payment.....????

I know this isnt as bad as a lot of problems on here but just wondered if anyone knew if i had any legal standing.......?

(ive had a small bit of repair done to the car since they last checked it, been told a new check will probably be done, one of the other tyres is a bit dubious but passed last time).

Since first posting ive found the other threads about RCI, count meself lucky actually.......

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by aggravated View Post
          Hi, thanks for replying.

Im in the process of handing a car back to RCI, id reached the halfway point of the agreement so ended it, they sent a couple of blokes to check the car over from a place called Manheim recovery, who told they wouldnt take the car as one of the tyres was not legal, i then got an aborted collection bill for £155 from RCI......

Ive had the tyre sorted and told Manheim, they are sending another couple of blokes next week to collect the car, 'shouldn't be any problems' they said as id had the tyre fixed, there are a few scratches on the car which they will need to fix, and obviously i have to pay for, ill get a 20% discount on the repairs if i pay on the day (which makes a mockery of the prices they are charging in the first place)......

Does anyone know if i can challenge the aborted payment.....????

I know this isnt as bad as a lot of problems on here but just wondered if anyone knew if i had any legal standing.......?

(ive had a small bit of repair done to the car since they last checked it, been told a new check will probably be done, one of the other tyres is a bit dubious but passed last time).

Since first posting ive found the other threads about RCI, count meself lucky actually.......

Cheers
          I think they're on solid ground as they did come out and incur expenses in doing so. What I'd be more on the look out for with this, having learnt the hard way, is the horrendous fees they quote for having the work done. I'm not surprised they can offer a 20% discount on the day - should me more like 70%!

Comment

Cheers, is what i thought tbh, i agree about the fees for the work, a 'scuff' costs £50 to repair but the guy who sorted the tyre for me wiped 2 of em off with 'teacut' (some mechanic stuff) wether or not they accept this is open to discussion as well, as when i rung em, they said 'yes, got some repairs done, but it dosn't mean we'll accept them' would be funny if it wasn't serious......i cant get a clear answer on what checks are gonna be done, i rung two different times and got two different answers, the above being one (and that they will check it all again) and the other that they will just check the tyre.........:tape2:

Comment

One more thing, they cancelled an appointment with me to originally collect the car at an hours notice, i said 'you wouldn't let me do that', to which i got no reply, when i complanied a second time they just said 'well, we wouldn't of took the car anyway so it dosnt matter what we do'........

My advice to anyone is not to get involved with Renault.......

Comment

Sorry - only just got back in, so catching up on posts!

I haven't re-read your whole thread, but I'm sure you mentioned some minor scratches before. If they're fairly superficial could I suggest you get some T Cut (£5 per bottle - a bottle does a lot!!!!!!!) This will get rid of surface scratches, then just polish over with normal car polish. You'll be amazed at the difference. I've recently spent 8 days doing our 25 year old motorhome and it really has come up like new. Just been away for a week and nobody could believe it's age.

A lot of second had dealers use WD40 on the tryes to remove scuffs, and if your car has black bumpers, get some Autoglym Bumper Care - amazing stuff and will restore your bumbers and any black rubber or plastic to an sa new condition.

As you might have guessed I'm a bit of a motorhead!:beagle:

Anything else you feel it might "fail" their inspection on just ask and I'll help if I know a solution.

Just as a point of interest, when it happened with me I had to sign a very detailed inventory of faults saying I agreed with them - unfortunately I wasn't given the chance to put them right. Did you get anything like this that we can go through?

David

Comment

Thanks again mate, i have a list, its all scratches (3 of) and scuffs (4 of of, 2 of which have been rubbed off so far), the whole back bumper needs replacing (and its a daft blue colour, you can guess who picked the colour!!!!), my biggest concern with these chancers is that the fella who changed the tyre for said one of the other tyres is worn but the 'inspectors' have not put that down or mentioned it on the day, luckily the tyre change place is only about 50 yards away (its new so i couldnt use it last time), im worried now that the whole thing is a scam and the next lot of inspectors will say 'oh, that tyre is worn, we cant take the car again'.........

Comment

Originally posted by aggravated View Post
                    Thanks again mate, i have a list, its all scratches (3 of) and scuffs (4 of of, 2 of which have been rubbed off so far), the whole back bumper needs replacing (and its a daft blue colour, you can guess who picked the colour!!!!), my biggest concern with these chancers is that the fella who changed the tyre for said one of the other tyres is worn but the 'inspectors' have not put that down or mentioned it on the day, luckily the tyre change place is only about 50 yards away (its new so i couldnt use it last time), im worried now that the whole thing is a scam and the next lot of inspectors will say 'oh, that tyre is worn, we cant take the car again'.........
                    T Cut will remove fairly sizeable scratches as long as they're not too deep. As regards the tyre, did he say it is illegal or worn - there's a difference. What is the spare tyre like. If it's good it may be worth putting that on and using the worn one as your spare? Not much you can do about the back bumper unless you're fortunate enough to find a matching one in a local scrappy!

Comment

Thanks for your help mate, i think it is worn rather than illegal, cheers again......

Comment

Quick update, the car is now gone, a different bloke came to inspect the car, called the other bloke an 'a*******e', the other guy had given me a bill for £600, that has been drastically reduced to a £100.......

Im more than happy with that......

Thanks for the advice, and a top website.....!!!!

Comment

Glad you got the solution you wanted. Well done!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X