• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP - Welcome Finance car re possesion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Welcome Finance car re possesion

I have a car on HP with Welcome Finance. I have ceased payments as I have an ongoing complaint with the FOS regarding various parts of my agreement which have turned out to be invalid. I have advised them to gain a court order to get the vehicle back as I have paid over a third of the balance and they are reluctant to do this and keep harrasing for payment.

Any help please???

Re: HELP - Welcome Finance car re possesion

Do you dispute all or part of the loan agreement and if so for what reason?

You say you have paid over a third of the balance, subtracting the amount you dispute, does this leave a figure you agree is outstanding to them?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Original I only disputed the Mechanical breakdown being mis sold and that we couldnt claim, now I am disputing various charges, late fees, the fact they want me to sign a new contract after they terminated the original, the way the have handled my complaint, the fact they have not issued a final response to myself or FOS etc etc etc the list goes on. The final figure I owe, minus the disputed amounts is around 2k

Comment

Thanks for that,

I understand that you may have several disputes over various charges and services added to the loan, I would continue to question these and carry on your case with the FOS. However, if you agree that the outstanding 2K is valid I would contact Welcome and make payment arrangements for that amount. Once you are making at least token payments towards the mutually agreed amount then they have no reason to harass you.

Should either you or they then decide to take court action at a later date it will stand you in good light with a Judge.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Very good advice. I will offer this and see what happens. Hopefully FOS will jump into action now that no final response has been issued by Welcome. Many thanks for your help with this case

Comment

At the moment, Welcome purely exist to claw back as much as possible so for the car to be taken away means little instant money for Welcome.

It is in their interest to keep bugging you until they get payment.

There have always been loads of threads on different forums with people in debt with Welcome, but the amount of people asking for help due to constant demands even where disputes are being dealt with by FOS, has increased noticeably.

You need to contact FOS and let them know that Welcome have been in touch with you.

In my case with Welcome where FOS is/was involved I was told very clearly that all contact with welcome was to be communicated via FOS. I was advised not to ignore the calls but tel them the FOS reference number stating clearly to contact FOS.
            I also sent a letter of harrassment to stop the calls. I also sent all copies of letters I received to FOS.

One of the problems at the moment appears to be that there are so mnay disputes with Welcome that FOS are dealing with and because of the length of time it seems to take (certainly in my case) for FOS to get a response, the longer these cases take.

My case worker was very clear to me when she said about the thousands of cases and also how slow Welcome would reposnd to FOS if at all.

Comment

More good advice. I will hang on for FOS and refer all calls/correspondence from welcome their way

Do you know what action I would take if they did remove the car without a court order, bearing in mind I have paid a third of the agreement?

Comment

Whilst I agree with fightingdebt in regard to directing communication to the FOS, I would also make sure you are kept informed too. You agree that token payments should still be made in the meantime I assume, this will also hopefully limit their contact with you if they are at least receiving some payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X