• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there :)

Hi everyone.

I recently joined as I am having problems with a few DCA's and I thought there was nothing I could do other than get them to agree to £5 a month which I have managed to get some of them to accept.

My DCA's are as follows:

Lowell - Empire stores
    Lowell - Very.co.uk (took out when they were LX Direct)
    DLC - Egg card
    DLC - Virgin (MBNA)
    Cap Quest - Capital One
    Metropolitan Collection Services - HSBC overdraft

I sent a CCA request to Lowell who basically said they've received the request but are waiting for the CCA to come back from the original creditors.

Not sure if I should keep waiting or what.

Many thanks

Re: Hi there

Watchya.
    I see you have met some of my "friends"..

You MUST have a read of this thread, will be very enlightening
    Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Thanks Curlyen, much obliged!

Ok so Lowell have replied basically saying that they're waiting for the CCA from the OC!

I sent them the non CCA Complient letter as today is day 12 but am I to understand they have been chasing me for money without actually owning the debt?

Comment

There's NO point in reminding them of their duties under CCA, unless they start making unsubstantiated demands again. Otherwise just sit tight and wait for their compliance.

Bear in mind DCA tend to buy debts in bulk and let the paperwork catch up with them, if it's needed. After all a number of people will make payment arrangements after being contacted with a DCA's Nastygram.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X