• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there

Deleted post as no longer require assistance
    Last edited by leanne1973; 12th April 2019, 00:54:AM.

Re: Hi there

Originally posted by leanne1973 View Post
    Hi. Just found this place while doing some 'research' on Google and thought I should join.

I have been in a debt repayment plan with four creditors since 2005 (approx.). First of all my plan was handled by a company called Payplan, but they cocked up on more than one occassion and were so slow at communicating with me that I gave up on them and dealt with my creditors myself.

I have been issuing comprehensive income and expenditure information with my creditors in October of every year for the last 3 years. Three of my creditors are perfectly happy with this arrangement and all interest has been frozen on those debts since 2005.

However, the last creditor - Argos Card Services - has been giving me hell for pretty much the whole of the past 5 years and is constantly applying interest charges to my account, because (as they put it), our repayment plan has come to an end. I can't count how many times they have sent threatening letters and informed me that I am in arrears even though I have been making my regular payments every month for the last 5 years - I have missed payments on only three separate occasions and I have caught up with all outstanding payments; I even over paid when I got my first student loan 3 years as a gesture of 'good will'....

I have just finished a degree as a mature student and I am now (effectively) unemployed while I search for a full-time job. Argos are still applying interest to my debt which means that I am actually only paying off about £2 a month on a debt of over £450.

I would also like to add that 5 years ago my debts totalled over £8k, but I have now got them down to just under £3k, so I am getting there!

However Argos are the thorn in my side and I just don't know what to do about them....
    Have you considered reclaiming the charges including the £12.00 ones from Argos?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X