• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi- had a similar experience with British Gas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi- had a similar experience with British Gas?

I've had varying nightmares with British Gas over the past 5 years, this lady was the only one who sorted it out for me, after a massive energywatch query:

Amy Carpenter
    British Gas-Customer Rleations
    Southampton
    TM-Royston Black

<amy.carpenter@britishgas.co.uk>

You can try to email her and see if she can help, she may forward you along to someone else, but maybe worth a try.

Lumi x
    Luminol x

Comment

Bless you for that. We will give her a whirl. We are most upset at being treated as if we are dishonest bill-dodgers and especially at having the dreadful Moorcroft set on us- no letters, no phone calls, no idea we owed anything, just the card through the door followed by the collector agent's size 9 in it.
      Many thanks.

Comment

Can i suggest that you put everything in a very strongly worded letter to BG collections department, staing that on xxx dates you paid xxxamount, you have spoken to mr whoever at BG who confirms that there is no debt outstanding, and regarding the charges which they are now trying to chase you for, that you WILL not be paying any charges which have accrued because of their mistake in pursuing a debt which does not exist.
        You could probably also point out that yes you would quite like them to bring this to Court as you would welcome the opportunity to put the case before a Judge and show up their total ineptitude.......

Then email it to BG compalints, collections, the chief exec and anyone else you can think of.

And under no circumstance speak to moorcroft on the phone. Send them a letter as i suggested in an earlier post, saying you do not acknowledge any debt to BG, either prove it or return it to the original creditor. Point out that any communciations should be in writing, you do not give them permission to contact you by phone or visit, and if they do this will be treated as harassment.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks, Wendy, we will. Just as a matter of interest, and after reading through the billing code of practice, is it not the case that BG are not allowed to transfer your debt (that is if you have one, which I am certain we don't,) to a debt collection agency without telling you first and giving you a chance to respond before it happens?

Comment

Despite paying Moorcroft nearly two weeks ago the debt collector still came round today wanting his cash. He was not inclined to believe me, so thank goodness I had their receipt handy to wave in his face. I can't wait for the bank statements to come now which I am certain will prove we owe them nothing.
            BG say they are not going to be able to issue a copy of our original bill or any reminders or letters for us to look at as it was 'on the old billing system' and they haven't kept anything from that long ago...so how do they think they know we owe anything? I get a different answer every time I talk to someone.

Comment

Hello IDBIM,

You should have a read of this case:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

It reads to me that potentially you have a massive claim for damages against British Gas.

HTH

Dad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X