• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Query and the infamous MacHall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Query and the infamous MacHall

Hi All

I found this site after I googled Mackenzie Hall and am reassured that I am to ignore their letter. But your great advice has lead me to ask more about my debts, but I am unsure where to post my queries. My welcome msg from Amethyst led me to here.

Briefly, I have some debts, store cards, and a bank loan in summary. I wrote to all creditors in May 08 following consultation with CCCS and again in Dec of same year and NONE replied although one cashed a cheque of £1.00. All I continue to receive are letters from DCAs.

I admit that I ignore most letters that come through the door; opening the odd one that I do not recognise as being from a DCA. I do this for a few reasons:
    1 I am too ill to deal with anything - I have mental health problems (depression, anxiety and social phobia) and am too ill to work now so...
    2 Have NO disposible income to pay any debts
    3 There used to be a stubborn part of me that said if you (the creditor) can't be bothered to reply to my letters, then I am not replying to yours.

In addition to letters, one DCA calls me or texts me (sometimes once every minute three times in a row), leaving voicemails on my mobile only. They vary their number - often using mobile numbers to try and trick you into answering it, but i never answer any number I don't recognise.

Believe it or not, that was brief lol.

Any advice anyone?

PS I am in Northern Ireland - some rules, laws etc are different here.

Many many thanks Radley x
    Last edited by radley; 26th April 2010, 13:50:PM. Reason: Got Amethyst's name wrong!

Re: Debt Query and the infamous MacHall

PPS I ran up thse debts in England with Englsih companies if that makes any difference?

Comment

Sorry to the OP, but I've only just joined this site myself.

Keep a record of any times they try to contact you (whichever method they try to use) and refer each of them as separate complaints to the OFT when the time comes.

Have you sent a CCA request to this company or any of the other companies involved? How many debts are involved, and what are these debts for (because some of them may not be CCA applicable)?

Comment

Regarding calling from mobile numbers, I often try to call 'debtors/custormers' if the number is on my paperwork. The main reason is to see if a suitable appointment for a visit can be made, rather than just turning up at your inconvenience ( or mine if your not home!).

If you told me not to call you again or visit i would return your account as a refusal and let it go back to the creditor/court. If i continued to harrass you, you would have grounds for complaint and i could be suspended!!

My suggestion would be take the calls, take names/company details, then ask them to remove your number and put there business in writing. Then talk to curly ben if you need to!!!

Comment

Hi Radley & Tommy

Can I suggest that you start your own threads in the debt collection section http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=42

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X