• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

I am currently in dispute with a bailiff company employed by my local authority to recover unpaid council tax. I had agreed with the bailiffs to pay by installments over a 12 month period and duly made these payments. When we requested a statement of account after the 12 month period the debt was still at the original level and only the bailiff fees had been paid. I have issued an SAR to the bailiff and have had a quick reply giving all the information requested.

The statement of account from the bailiff is missing a lot of payments for which I have bank statements as proof of payment.

It appears that the bailif has "Levied" on items in my garden, i.e. table, chairs, parasol, kids paddling pool & BBQ. I have not previously been given a copy of the levy and have therefore not signed anything.

The bailiff has now attended my property with a view to remove these goods and threatened to enter the house and take other goods.

So I now have a number of queries: -

Is the Levy legal?
    Can they charge me for the Levy?
    Can they charge me for the attendance to remove?
    Can they enter the house and take goods?
    What's my next step regarding the missing payments?

Can someone point me in the right direction to answer my queries, your assistance is appreciated.

Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Nogger

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

This is the link to our Bailiff section http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=76
    if you post up your questions here in this section, someone with expertese will be along to help you.

Also, you will find a Bailiffs guide in this section which you may want to read up on as there is a lot of information.

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X