• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone,

I've got quite a bit of debt.

I've started by claiming bank charges.

I've sent out several SAR, just waiting for Barclaycard and MBNA to respond.

Halifax and HSBC have responded.

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome to Beagles, please keep us informed of your progress on your claims and also please ask for any help if you need it.
    Enaid x

Comment

Enaid thanks.

I've sent MBNA a SAR, this is whats happened in a nutshell:-

This is briefly whats happened with one MBNA account.
      MBNA VISA OPENED ACCOUNT 1996 - Account number xxxx001

I didn't ask for PPI, they added PPI - I got it refunded.
      Last statement received 1999 Account xxxx001

No statements received between 1999 - Dec 2004 for Account xxxx001
      No Credit Card's received between 1999 - to present day

Nothing to tell me the Account number has changed.

Received new statement in Dec 2004 with new Account number xxxx002
      I wrote a Credit card Cheque. They added PPI. PPI refunded.

They also implied Account no xxxx002 is also Account noxxxx003

Comment

Hi Echat and welcome to Beagles.

With regard to MBNA have a read of my thread Wends v MBNA - here

Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks WendyB.

Basically I complained to them in 2005, they basically made stuff up. They sent me the application I'd signed in 1996. I asked them to close the account in 1999. They left it open -
          dormant. They didn't send me any statements between 1999 and 2004. Then a statement appeared in 2005 with a different account number, I wrote a Credit Card cheque. They never renewed my Credit Card after 1999. I'm trying to establish whether the application signed in 1996 is valid. I'm hoping to recover the interest and charges.

The other thing is that I had all the PPI charges refunded in 1999, yet in 2005 once again PPI was added which was then refunded.

They've probably breached some of the requirements of CCA1974..
          Last edited by echat11; 16th November 2009, 12:43:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

HSBC, I sent them an SAR, they sent me a list of charges. But I've got all the statements baring 1 year since I opened the account. I've got payslips and cheque book for that year.
            I've got an opening and closing balance. I want to charge Compound Interest what rate should I consider.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X