• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB "computer says no" (literally)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB "computer says no" (literally)

Hi all,

Just on to give some financial advice. If you are contemplating banking with the above establishment, please do not - unless one of the following three criteria apply to you:-

1. You have come into a hefty inheritance and are set up for life.
    2. You are already rich beyond your wildest dreams.
    3. You have had visitation from angels, aliens (or both), and they have thus proclaimed that you will never be ill, out of work (due the banks being crap at what they do in the first place) a pensioner, a student or anything other than utterly financially solvent for all eternity!!

This particular branch of banking indifference have astounded me no end! I have been a customer with them for some time and since being made redundant (i have a loan with them) they could care not a jot! Having cashed in my measly savings to ensure not falling into arrears before I could get another job, and, now claiming benefit, I am obviously not the attractive proposition I once was!

On contacting them, I was told they would not consider negotiating a lower loan repayment and there was nothing they could do to help ("computer says no"). I know this to be complete nonsense because of current government guidelines in respect of dealing with customers new and (not so improved) circumstances due to the current financial climate

Just for general info, if you do have to take out a loan (ever) - it's not necessarily best to do so with the bank you hold a current account with (i.e. the one your wages, benefit etc goes into). Google the banks right to offset (interesting reading - though I believe this is in relation to arrears.

Anyhoo, I have just saddled my very own little shetland pony and will meet them at the pass. Hope to keep you up to date with any little hints and tips I might meet upon the way.

Please remember, don't get upset, give yourself sleepless nights or make yourself ill (I've been here before, but I managed to come out the other end - granted I'm here again) but, I promise you, whatever financial problems you have, they can be sorted as long as you get advice (citizen's advice are brill) and stay focused on the end result!

Take care,
    Love Amypajamie x

Re: Lloyds TSB "computer says no" (literally)

Hello Amypajamie and welcome to Beagles.
    Good Luck on your quest with Lloyds and there is some very good advice to be found on here if you have a read.
    Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X