• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hi, I have just joined legalbeagles because I have got into a bad situation with credit card debt (three cards with total of over £18000!!) and am looking for advice on how to deal with it. I am only able to make minimum monthly payments and even at that over the last several months this has been a struggle. I have made a few late payments but am just managing to keep the three accounts up to date.

In the past all three companies have raised my credit limit without me asking or without my consent and this has directly contributed to my situation by giving me access to more credit.

I also have a couple of unsecured personal loans which I have kept up to date with no missed or late payments. It's the credit cards that are really causing me problems.

I really do want to have a plan for dealing with this situation and I am unsure about debt consolidation, debt management - where do I start?

I hope that I can get some help.

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to Legal Beagles, have you any charges on these accounts ? i..e. late payment/ over credit fee???, someone will be along shortly to welcome you so if you can give more info would help for a start.:beagle:

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Hi Mike

Yes I have a number of late payment charges of £12 from two barclaycard accounts and late default sum payments of £12 from A&L (MBNA).

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
          Hi Mike

Yes I have a number of late payment charges of £12 from two barclaycard accounts and late default sum payments of £12 from A&L (MBNA).
          Have you put a claim in for refunds of the credit card elemant of the charges if not go to main page and find template letters and read through contents, also go to the threads for MBNA AND READ OTHER PEOPLES THREADS ON THE SUBJECT GIVE YOU AN INSIGHT TO PROCEDURES, also barclaycard.
          also do you happen to have copies of you Credit Card Agreements and when did you take the cards out, this info will assist others more experianced than myself to access your situation.:beagle:
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Will try and get Curlyben to view your situation, Curllleeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy:beagle:
          Last edited by MIKE770; 28th October 2009, 15:33:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

bump

Comment

I don't have any of the credit agreements but would like to request them from each of the companies as a starting point to see if they are enforceable. can anyone provide me with a template letter for this. Also, one of my barclaycard cards was opened as a morgan stanley card so I am particularly interested to see if Barclaycard have the original agreement.

Thanks in advance - this is going to be the first of many posts methinks.

Comment

bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X