• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cento Client Review

Hi folks, first time user here and as the name implies, more than a little confused with regards the claims made by Cento Client Review. Has anyone any advice they could share, good or bad??

Last year they contacted me with the promise of being able to wipe off any debts, i had a couple of credit cards so listened to this miracle debt cure. Apparently for £50 they could wipe all credit card balances and any interest generated theron plus any payments made from that point on, however unlike some other threads ive read they did tell me i had to keep up the payments. After receiving the packs and sending off my £10 cheques made payable to the credit card companies to pay for disclosure and handling costs apparetly i waited several months.

I then received a call a couple of months back saying i could fast track, it didnt cost any more money, assuming i was repaying in excess of £300 p/m in credit card repayments and what would happen is that the card would be frozen in dispute, i would pay £200 a month to Forbes Douglas until the dispute was resolved and then all balances would be wiped.

I have today received a call from Cento telling me that my claim is successful, MBNA have admitted as much (didnt know they were associated with Egg) however it wouldnt be done on the no upfront fee basis with 30% fee based on recovery, as the card balance shall be wiped therefore they get no fees and instead what i would have to do is pay £500 now and await this miracle wiping of my debts. Should for whatever reason the card not be wiped then i could claim back the £500.

Has anyone heard of this constantly changing process and why they are now seeking to extort (as thats what it feels like) more money upfront. I would class myself as particularly thick but i do want to believe them it just sounds ridiculous... Help

Re: Cento Client Review

Welcome to Beagles xxx

have a read here >>>>Cento Client Review - Legal Beagles
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi CC

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

You are the indeed the first to report that this matter has progressed, to the next level with Forbes Douglas, however, they are now changing the goal posts and now extorting monies from you when they agreed to take their percentage which you agreed when you signed their T& C's from any payments. You also did not agree to 30% as when Cento were charging £50 was last March and the % fee to Forbes was 25% if my memory serves me correctly as they telephoned me at that time. Again, everything is being said over the phone, they should at least be writing to you with this.

Are you able to scan in and post up the T&C's that you signed for. We will then be able to help you respond to Cento and Forbes.

I am not sure about Egg being part of MBNA - but I am sure that someone here will be able to verify this.

In the meantime do not part with any more money, untill we are able to see the bigger picture and the contract you actually signed.

I am sure that the Ministry of Justice would not like to hear about this new antic of theirs.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by Confused claimant View Post
      Hi folks, first time user here and as the name implies, more than a little confused with regards the claims made by Cento Client Review. Has anyone any advice they could share, good or bad??

Last year they contacted me with the promise of being able to wipe off any debts, i had a couple of credit cards so listened to this miracle debt cure. Apparently for £50 they could wipe all credit card balances and any interest generated theron plus any payments made from that point on, however unlike some other threads ive read they did tell me i had to eep up the payments. After receiving the packs and sending off my £10 cheques made payable to the credit card companies to pay for disclosure and handling costs apparetly i waited several months.

I then received a call a couple of months back saying i could fast track, it didnt cost any more money, assuming i was repaying in excess of £300 p/m in credit card repayments and what would happen is that the card would be frozen in dispute, i would pay £200 a month to Forbes Doulas until the dispute was resolved and then all balances would be wiped.

I have today received a call from cento telling me that my claim is successful, MBNA have admitted as much (didnt know they were associated with Egg) however it wouldnt be done on the no upfront fee basis with 30% fee based on recovery as they card balance shall be wiped what i would have to do is pay £500 now and await this miracle wiping of my debts. Should for whatever reason the card not be wiped then i could claim back the £500.

Has anyone heard of this constantly changing process and why they are now seeking to extort (as thats what it feels like) more money upfront. I would class myself as particularly thick but i do want to believe them it just sounds ridiculous... Help

Comment

Thanks Mochamoo and Tuttsi, and thanks for the welcome.

You may well be right with regards the 25% thing, i dont fully recall the % quoted at the time if im honest.

I believe i still have the t's & c's as i kept all documentation relating to them, i shall look it out.

Apparently (according to Stevie at Cento) Egg borrow from MBNA who underwrite all their transactions, not sure if anyone can confirm or deny that.

I stated my apprehension at parting with £500 over the phone and requested they send out all documentation they held in writing including MBNA's acceptance of mis-selling. They advised they cannot send anything in writing until i part with the money, which in itself sounds ludicrous, they cannot even send out the new agreement that i will be required to enter into until i pay the cash upfront??

Comment

Thanks Mochamoo and Tuttsi, and thanks for the welcome.

You may well be right with regards the 25% thing, i dont fully recall the % quoted at the time if im honest.

I believe i still have the t's & c's as i kept all documentation relating to them, i shall look it out. Thats good then, scan and post it up so we can confirm what is correct.

Apparently (according to Stevie at Cento) Egg borrow from MBNA who underwrite all their transactions, not sure if anyone can confirm or deny that.

I stated my apprehension at parting with £500 over the phone and requested they send out all documentation they held in writing including MBNA's acceptance of mis-selling. They advised they cannot send anything in writing until i part with the money, which in itself sounds ludicrous, they cannot even send out the new agreement that i will be required to enter into until i pay the cash upfront??
          You did the right thing IMHO not parting with that sort of money without the proof. I do have the MD's email addy at Forbes if you want I can PM you and you can ask him for the evidence and why cento are trying extort money from you.

I will also search the forums and find out about Egg/MBNA and will let you know.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi, i appreciate your help, i have to admit i thought would post this and wait weeks for a reply therefore i appreciate your early response. PM things sounds good i would like to be able to drop his name into the conversation tomorrow prior to contacting him directy. You may have to tell me what i need to do as this is the first forum thing ive been on. Yeah i know you would never have guessed as im obviously a natural.

Comment

I have PM'd you....

Thanks Tuttsi, i appreciate your help, i have to admit i thought would post this and wait weeks for a reply therefore i appreciate your early response. PM things sounds good i would like to be able to drop his name into the conversation tomorrow prior to contacting him directy. You may have to tell me what i need to do as this is the first forum thing ive been on. Yeah i know you would never have guessed as im obviously a natural.

Comment

Hi CC

Hope that you will pick this up before your phone call. It appears that they have taped records of phone calls as another claimant of theirs is also having some difficulties with them and they are checking those recordings for clarification.

Tuttsi

Comment

hi,

just wondering what the status is with your claim.
                  I foolishly took up Cento's "platinum service" to wipe out my Virgin (Which is MBNA) & Barclaycard credit cards.
                  I have already parted with £1000 to do this and I am reeally starting to think I have been a major idiot!

Although this £1000 payment was only a couple of weeks ago, im starting to stress out...

Comment

Hi Bazzani

Welcome to Legal Beagles, I am pleased that you found your way accross from MSE. I posted on that thread some of your options. It would be a good idea for you now to start your own thread and relay the story with dates and also post of the T&C's which you must of agreed to before you parted with your money. Then others here including myself can try and advise as best we can.

Tuttsi (Milly on MSE)

Originally posted by bazzani View Post
                    hi,

just wondering what the status is with your claim.
                    I foolishly took up Cento's "platinum service" to wipe out my Virgin (Which is MBNA) & Barclaycard credit cards.
                    I have already parted with £1000 to do this and I am reeally starting to think I have been a major idiot!

Although this £1000 payment was only a couple of weeks ago, im starting to stress out...

Comment

Starting my own thread now... thanks for your help
                      Last edited by bazzani; 5th December 2009, 19:16:PM.

Comment

Here is the link to my new thread, lets hope I can get refunded by Cento!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X