• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays interest rate protection hedge scheme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays interest rate protection hedge scheme

I am about to make an official complaint to Barclays about being sold a restructure hedge collar. On the proposal form it states cancellable interest rate swap. When we ask about cancelling because it is costing us over £5,500 per month for nothing we are told that there is a breakage cost of £200,000 but Barclays can cancel at any time for free. None of this was made aware to me and i feel i have been wrongly sold this product. If there is anyone out there who can help or knows of similar cases please get in touch.

Re: Barclays interest rate protection hedge scheme

Hello
    I am in the same position and in fact long before this was costing me £13000 per quarter i tried to have it removed.
    Have you commenced your claim
    Ihave been quoted £4000 b y a solicitor to take this on which is money Ican ill afford.
    old birtle

Comment

Originally posted by oldbirtle View Post
      Hello
      I am in the same position and in fact long before this was costing me £13000 per quarter i tried to have it removed.
      Have you commenced your claim
      Ihave been quoted £4000 b y a solicitor to take this on which is money Ican ill afford.
      old birtle
      i have made an official complaint and am waiting for Barclays response i am also applying for a subject aspect request as i believe Barclays are holding back info that they should declare to me which proves that the policy has been wrongly sold to me

Comment

I am in a similar position with RBS. I have sought legal advice and will keep you informed of the outcome.

Good luck

Comment

high everyone i think i have the same issue is yours called a structured coller hedge

if so i might have some news for you

Comment

Hello Cocomo,

I have just read the posts relating to Barclay's & RBS Structured Collard Hedge product mis-sold. I am in the same position, where fundamental mistakes were made by Barclay's when they sold me the product early 2008, which has cost me (my small business), £120,000 as at today. I have complained and needless to say Barclays Capital have defended themselves and pushed me away. I have now gone to the FOS. I believe there are thousands of us small business's out there in the same situation without the right help. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks,
            Helly

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X