• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

gmac car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmac car finance

Hello to you all!
    Ive got car finance with gmac and was looking to buy another car and dug out agreement on looking at figures they dont seem to add up?
    Basically amount of credit -£4409. first installment £250.86 followed by 58 months at £100.86 then final payment of £225.86. At 16.5%. when added up £4885.72. Price of car £6909. trade in £2500 and charge for credit £1917.60.
    final balance £8826.60. I dont see how they get the final balance over the 60 months? Confused? If anyone needs more info let me know! Thanx in advance!!!

Re: gmac car finance

Originally posted by RAY.K View Post
    Hello to you all!
    Ive got car finance with gmac and was looking to buy another car and dug out agreement on looking at figures they dont seem to add up?
    Basically amount of credit -£4409. first installment £250.86 followed by 58 months at £100.86 then final payment of £225.86. At 16.5%. when added up £4885.72. Price of car £6909. trade in £2500 and charge for credit £1917.60.
    final balance £8826.60 I dont see how they get the final balance over the 60 months? Confused? If anyone needs more info let me know! Thanx in advance!!!

Hi Ray

Firstly, a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

Price of Car £6909 less px £2500 add credit charge £1917.60 = £6326.60

Your repayments first instalment £250.86 plus 58 x £100.86 plus final payment £225.86 = £6326.60

Looks like your final balance includes the £2500 px (£6909+£1917.60=£8826.60)

I hope this helps

Tuttsi

Comment

When you say 'final balance' i presume you mean 'total amount payable', in which tuttsi figures are correct, as that is the full amount to pay, then less part ex.

Other than that, do you need with the loan, or just the numbers added up for you

Comment

Thanks for that! Why would they add the £2500 onto balance if thats been paid by the trade in value? Is this aloud?

Comment

ignore the above having a dumb day! cya1

Comment

Well give us a shout if you need anymore help with this or anything else

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X