• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I was caught shoplifting in Sainsburys I was then taken to the back room by undercover security. They took my name and address then they let me go after they recovered the goods. I got sent a letter from DWF saying I owe £150 which I have payed because it was my own stupid fault.

I was wondering does this now mean I have a criminal record and it will show up on my DBS for the future? Please help as I am panicking and am completely embarrassed because it was my stupid decision.
    Tags: None

No it will not give you a criminal record nor will.it show up.on a DBS. You can only get a criminal record if you are prosecuted and found guilty in a magistrates court. DWF have no powers at all, just a private company trying to fleece money from people.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Okay thank you! So if I apply for jobs or plan on going on holiday I won't need to put a criminal record. If a employer looks through my file nothing will flag up?

Comment

Or a police caution?

Comment

Did you attend. Police station where a caution was read to you which you signed to accept and to agree that you committed the offence? If not you haven't been given a police caution so none can be recorded.

You don't have criminal record so if asked in any employment or travel form if you have a criminal record the true and accurate answer is 'No'.

Employers cannot 'look through your file' on the police national computer where criminal records are stored. If you in a job eligible for a DBS that's where can employer would see a criminal record if there's one on the PNC. But you don't have one.
          All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I didn't go to the police station all dealt with i soccer security at sainsburys

Comment

No police involvement

Comment

Sorry to be like this, I know it was extremely stupid and it has been the best thing that's happened to me because I've learnt my lesson! Just for any future jobs will I have to disclose this to them if they do a in depth DBS check because that's what worrying me ! Also with any job application because I have payed the fine I was grabbed and did give my name and address in the back room to security. Have I now been given a criminal record and ruined me life? Thanks for responding!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X