• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Approaching for consent to set aside CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approaching for consent to set aside CCJ

Hello everyone, this is my first post here so thank you to everyone for their guidance in advance.

I have 2 CCJs on my name which I discovered in Nov last year by accident. My bank sent me an email that they were reducing my credit card limit, which prompted me to check online forums, which led me to check the CCJ register and me finding that I have been given 2 CCJs on 23 Sep 2023 and 30 Oct 2023. I don't know the full details of the accusation, but I am sure they are both parking related.

Unfortunately, when I discovered the CCJs I was in Pakistan and Thailand and moving from place to place, I was also very distressed mentally and not okay enough to respond to these matters, I tried to contact agencies, lawyers and the Civil National Business Center, but I couldn't make up my mind, had very intense anxiety and wasn't sure because of the lack of clarity on how to solve the matter (I discovered a company that claimed to use 'consent forms' and remove the CCJs but I didn't know how that was possible. Fast forward, I am finally able to have enough energy to focus on this matter and try and resolve these.

My next job requires me to be CCJ free and I will not be able to join my new employer if the CCJs remain on my file. I am currently unemployed (part of the reason why I had to be abroad to take care of a sick family member after their surgery and rehab).

The reason why I didn't respond to the initial CCJ letters or know about them was that when I moved abroad, I had asked a housemate to forward me any mail, for some reason, the mail was lost as it was an HMO and I had moved out.

The CCJs make me ineligible for my new employer (and I desperately need this new job as it's the beginning of a new career) and I am desperate to pay my debts and clear my name. It was an honest mistake (though my mistake - I take full responsibility), and I've learned my lesson and will use a more dependable arrangement if I have to travel abroad like that ever again. I want to approach the claimants of the CCJ and write to them to apologise, pay the debts in full and request to set aside the CCJs through the consent forms.

I am nervous that they may say no. Also, if they say yes, the judge may not agree. How should I approach them and what is the best way to offer the consent letter? Any help and guidance on this would really help me and I'll draft and send the letters as soon as I get this.

I also don't know how to find the claimants of the CCJs (who to write to) so if anyone knows how to find that I'd be very thankful for your help.

Thank you!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X