• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this financial control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this financial control?

I am waiting to have a judge look again at the case between myself and my ex husband. It would appear to me that this is financial control. At the last hearing my ex walked away with just over half of the money I had been receiving as a result I struggling. I felt at that hearing that I was being vilified for the letter that he wrote and sent to the solicitors had at the time. He stated that I had written to him saying that I didn't want his money and what he could do with it. The is completely untrue.Am I right in thinking this is financial control. He need to be held to account for his actions and to face the consequences. Some advice on this would be appreciated.How do i get myself disassociated from that letter.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Rosie500
    Tags: None

No - An allegation of financial control might be an issue in divorce proceedings but not afterwards.

As to the "letter" you mention. Was that written by you or a solicitor representing you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
      I am waiting to have a judge look again at the case between myself and my ex husband. It would appear to me that this is financial control. At the last hearing my ex walked away with just over half of the money I had been receiving as a result I struggling. I felt at that hearing that I was being vilified for the letter that he wrote and sent to the solicitors had at the time. He stated that I had written to him saying that I didn't want his money and what he could do with it. The is completely untrue.Am I right in thinking this is financial control. He need to be held to account for his actions and to face the consequences. Some advice on this would be appreciated.How do i get myself disassociated from that letter.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Rosie500
      My ex husband wrote the letter and has for years kept putting the blame at my door! At the last hearing he used that letter against me. The judge was all over him like a rash. The hearing was a nightmare. I would add he is a control freak which made me say was it financial control. Still feel he is trying to control me. Rosie500

Comment

Reading through you previous threads it seems that the divorce became final in about 2012? Are financial remedy proceedings still ongoing?

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
          Reading through you previous threads it seems that the divorce became final in about 2012? Are financial remedy proceedings still ongoing?
          I was finally divorced in 2001. My ex's payment record was shambolic up until I got An Attachment of Earnings Order. He has never wanted to pay me anything and if he could he would! He has tried on at least three occasions to get the Order discharged. Everything went quiet after the hearing in 2020, the judge at that hearing was more than a match for him, she wouldn't take any of his nonsense. I have applied to the court for the return of the money he took. He does not manage his money at all! He is like poverty always in. The hearing at the end of January was totally without merit. He needs to be very careful as he is treading on thin ice. What with the false accusation and the lies he has told in his witness statement (which paints him like a plaster saint)! My witness statement paints an entirely different picture, it is an accurate account. To sum it all up I have had trouble with him since the start. I have been to Court more times than I care to mention. He was getting to be the talk of the county court (not in a good way)

Rosie500

Comment

It seems that litigation between you and your former husband has gone on for nearly 25 years. It would be a mammoth task for any lawyer appearing “on stage”, for the first time - if I might put it that way, to assist with litigation of such complexity. The only thing I can suggest is that the parties try mediation to bring this unhappy state of affairs to finality.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
              It seems that litigation between you and your former husband has gone on for nearly 25 years. It would be a mammoth task for any lawyer appearing “on stage”, for the first time - if I might put it that way, to assist with litigation of such complexity. The only thing I can suggest is that the parties try mediation to bring this unhappy state of affairs to finality.
              Mediation was offered away back as far as 2011. The mediator wrote to my ex who was living n the UK at the time but she got no response. I have applied to the County Court to have a judge look at the case and restore everything back to the way it was. My ex has been warned that if he keeps applying to the court and it was without merit he would be held in contempt of court. My ex now lives in Spain far enough away from me. He is one of those people who needs to feel the full weight of the law and to face the consequences of his actions. I am waiting for the court to phone me to take payment of the court fee so that a judge can look at the case. I knew he might be a tough but to crack but not this bad!

Rosie500

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X