• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dcblegal Ltd - parking charge, company car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcblegal Ltd - parking charge, company car

Can someone please advise, any help will be appreciated.....

I drive a company car registered to my place of work. I received a parking charge from a services I stopped at. I identified myself as the driver. They then asked me for quite a lot of personal details, address, number, etc, etc.. Following doing some research I found them to be a private company and refused to send them my personal details.

They then sent me a mail saying that because I refuse to give them my details they will charge my company and have since been sending them threatening emails with charges that have escalated from £50 to £170.

Is this legal and what can I do to stop this?
    Tags: None

You can't stop them (or anyone else) sending requests for payment to the company.
    It is not illegal.

You refer to "my company". Is this company owned by you/
    If not what does the company propose to do about the PCN?

If the parking company does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service of court papers for the driver they can recover unpaid charges from the registered keeper

Comment

Thank you for responding.

By my company, it is the company I work for, I do not own the company.

Comment

Do DCBL know your name and address?
        If they do your company, could respond to them that as you have been identified (without reconfirming your identity) condition 5 (1) (b) of PoFA 2012 does not apply so DCBL cannot recover unpaid charges from the registered keeper

If DCBL don't know both your name and address it is for your company to take the next step.
        Their options are:
        1) ignore, but DCBL will then initiate a court claim which can then be defended
        2)pay them
        3) Inform DCBL you were the driver, and give DBCL your address. DCBL will then pursue you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X