• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parkmaven Overstay Parking Charge from 2 years ago!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkmaven Overstay Parking Charge from 2 years ago!!

I received a FINAL NOTICE OF DEBT RECOVERY from dcbl dated 05 June 2024 for £170. It is the first notice I have received from them for their client Parkmaven Limited, claiming Date of Contravention 13.02/2022 for parking outside a venue. How this has surfaced after 28 months I don't know. I ignored their letter and have now received a Claim Form directing me to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to either accept or dispute a claim for £291.56, which includes court fee and legal costs.

Personally I feel aggrieved to be chased for this so long after the Contravention with no correspondence from Parkhaven at all. I was unaware at the time that there was any time limit on parking. I am not financially in a position to pay this at the moment.

What are my options?
    If I 'START A DEFENCE' I get this message:

[Please note that a defended claim will be transferred to an appropriate county court to proceed.

Each step is completed by clicking 'Next' at the bottom of the page, which automatically confirms and saves the information you have entered. Any error messages displayed at the top of a page must be corrected before moving on to the next step.

Before you can file a defence to the claim against you, you must make sure the following apply in your case:

you are filing your defence within 14 days of service of the claim on you (a claim is considered served on the fifth day after it is issued)

or

where separate detailed particulars of claim were served, within 14 days of service of those

or

if you filed an acknowledgement of service, within 28 days of service of the claim (or separate particulars)

You don't have to pay a fee to defend a claim. However, you will have to pay a fee if you decide to make a counterclaim against the claimant. If you file a defence electronically through MCOL, do not send a copy by post.

If you experience any difficulties, contact the help desk:]

I am tempted to do this, but what would my defence be? is it sufficient to argue that I had not been contacted for 2 years, surely they are out of time?
    Are there any other strategies I can pursue?

Best wishes Worker 1
    Tags: None

Parking companies have up to 6 years in which to make a court claim.

First thing to do is acknowledge the claim as that gives you an extra 14 days in which to construct a defence.

Then send DBCL a CPR31.14 request, and Parkhaven a Subject Access Request (templates, which need amending for your circumstances, are in the SHORTCUTS panel on the right of this page)

When writing to them do not identify the driver (nor on here)

Can you please post up a redacted copy of the claim form?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X