• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP Fine show on NPPV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP Fine show on NPPV

I was caught shoplifting in a supermarket. I have never done anything like this before or since. My father had just passed away, I was rushing to pick up food on my way home from work before going to pick up the kids from school. I had thrown my empty reusable shopping bags in my trolley and a couple of items must have slipped underneath.

When I got to the till I put what I thought was everything on the belt and paid. I was apprehended by a couple of security guards and taken into an office. I was absolutely mortified when they revealed the couple of items that had slipped under my shopping bags, they weren't in the bags, the bags were covering them. I think altogether they totalled less than £8. I apologised profusely and offered to pay for them, I burst into tears. They said that I was always in there, which I was, and that I probably stole from them every week. This is not true. I provided my details, I signed a piece of paper, they took back the items that I hadn't paid for and I was banned for life. They said that I would receive an RLP fine through the post. I didn't tell a sole, not even my husband. No Police were called.

A hefty fine came through the post from RLP. I paid it there and then because I was scared and put the whole thing behind me. I haven't set foot in that supermarket again and to be honest it has left me traumatised! To this day I do not put my reusable shopping bags in my trolley, I hook them on the front by the handles so this can never happen to me again.

Now 8 years later, my husband is undergoing a NPPV check for a job that he has applied for and is very excited about. He submitted it a couple of weeks ago and is awaiting clearance. He mentioned this morning that to get clearance family members will also be vetted, I immediately felt sick.

Will the RLP fine that I paid show up? I wish I had been braver 8 years ago and stood up for myself.
    Tags: None

Stop worrying. It's not a fine, RLP have no legal powers, they aren't a government or state organisation, they can't give you a criminal record so there's no reason why it would appear in a NPPV check. If you had asked here 8 years ago we would have told you to ignore them.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thank you so much for your speedy reply, it is very much appreciated. I didn't sleep last night with worry.

I hope that you are right, just concerned that they will have shared my data with the Police regardless of the fact that the Police were not called, I paid their hefty fine and I have not set foot in any of their stores since.

I suppose only time will tell ...........

Comment

I can also reassure you that this RLP invoice will not show on your husbands enhanced check. RLP have no powers to enforce and we advise our members to ignore letters. They rely on fear to force people to pay up, the only case we know of that went to court was thrown out as the Judge described it as double recovery because security guards are paid whether or not they detain someone.
        Please stop worrying and delete the whole incident from your memory.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you very much for your time and reassurance, it is greatly appreciated.

This site is user friendly, non-judgemental, very informative and you should all be very proud of the help and support you are offering people in their hour of need.

I will be forever grateful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X